Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Short dump due to large amount of data

former_member459142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When we are running RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD program, every time we are getting Short dump due to large amount of data.

please suggest how to run this program without short dump.

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you do run the wrong APP I guess. The service you are running is for MAM20. If you are interested in MAM30 and MAM25, please use the correct service.

If you have a look for

*FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD

You find them all. Use the ones without the RALM in front - then the timeout should be solved as well. Bside that there is a great guid available that helps as well to solve some issues around server driven replication:

[MAM SERVER DRIVEN SETUP GUIDE|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/818ac119-0b01-0010-ba8b-b6e3f3490a63?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope that helps to solve yourt issue.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member459142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for reply.

According to you I have searched with *FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD and i got 5 program for it and all starts with RALM

RALM_ME_EQUI_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD

RALM_ME_FLOC_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD

RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD

RALM_ME_PART_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD

RALM_ME_USR_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD

And these are for MAM30 and MAM25.

Now what i am thinking just create custom program for it and pass large amount of data in small data batches using internal table.

Wat you say .

Thanks

Prashant Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, all of these can handle multiple tasks and can download data in chunks. But my question: how do you run them? Do you tick the FULL DOWNLOAD WITH DELETION? That is not necessary, cause it sends much more data then you need and causes issus. Run it simply as it is defined by default - this should usually help. I never had issues with it. If necessary run it in backgound once, cause this avoids the UI timeout. The data processing is in chunks anyway.

So it is not necessary to write a custom FuBa for this.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member459142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

According to Guide provided by you, i got my problem and related notes.

The RALM_ME_MEASP_FULL_DOWNLOAD_SD report is used for initial server-driven replication. In the selection criteria, a large range (say, more than 8000) of equipments is used. In this case, why does a system dump occur with the DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQL error?

Verify whether you implemented SAP Notes 910609 and 913127 in your system.

These notes are already implimented in report RALM_ME_MEASUREMENT_POINT_LIST but i am still getting same error while run report with large amount of Finction locations

Answers (0)