Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Portal Runtime information from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My application is as follows.

Devlop the webdynpro components and access them with enterprise portals.

I have a requirement where depending on the user logged in to the portal, i need to customize the webdynpro component in terms of fields and buttons displayed.

How do i get the role/ACL information from portal runtime into webdynpro component. I tried using some of the jars provided by enterprise portal in webdynpro but it did not work. Any better approach or suggestion please.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on granularity of checks you need to perform:

1. The highest degree of granularity is role-based security, you can use UME to verify user role(s) and update UI accordingly

2. Next goes std. permissions model, when you can verify certain permissions / actions. As Tomas Lin noted, it is implemented as custom UME permissions. However, I'm not sure whether or not this functionality available with sneak preview version of NW, or, to be exact, whether or not necessary build plugins are available in NetWeaver, because run-time definitely has support for custom permissions.

3. The third options is fine-grained ACL permissions. However, here you will end up with almost complete custom implementation: defining permissions, maintaining association between UME principals and permissions as well as business objects and permissions, editors for all of this etc.

Regards,

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas

I have gone through that document previously and created a sample webdynpro application to get the role information.

I used the following API's to get the user information

IWDClientUser,WDClientUser

Sample Code

IWDClientUser user = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();

String title = user.getTitle();

String lastname = user.getLastName();

String sal = user.getSalutation();

String sname = user.getServiceName();

String uid = user.getClientUserID();

I was not successful in getting the information

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open your WD application properties in NetWeaver, then go to "Application Properties" tab and add pre-defined application property "Authentication" with value "true"

Also replace WDClientUser.getCurrentUser() with WDClientUser.forcedLoginUser();

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery

Do you have any sample code to get the role info and depending on that role you decide the UI elements.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valary

I have been using authentication mode you specified to access my web dynpro component from EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

import java.util.Iterator;
import java.util.Set;
import java.util.HashSet;
import java.util.Arrays;

import com.sap.security.api.AttributeList;
import com.sap.security.api.IPrincipal;
import com.sap.security.api.IRole;
import com.sap.security.api.IRoleFactory;
import com.sap.security.api.IUser;
import com.sap.security.api.UMException;
import com.sap.security.api.UMFactory;

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api.IWDClientUser;
import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api.WDClientUser;
public void wdDoInit()
{
  final IWDClientUser wdUser = WDClientUser.forceLoggedInClientUser();
  final IUser         user   = wdUser.getSAPUser();

final IRoleFactory roleFactory = UMFactory.getRoleFactory();

try
  {
    final AttributeList attrs = new AttributeList();
    attrs.addAttribute( IPrincipal.DEFAULT_NAMESPACE, IPrincipal.UNIQUE_NAME );
    final IRole[] roles = roleFactory.getRoles
    ( 
      roleFactory.getRolesOfUser( user.getUniqueID(), true ),
      attrs 
    );  
    for (int i = roles.length - 1; i >= 0; i-- )
    {
      final IRole role = roles[ i ];
      userRoles.add( role.getUniqueName() );		
    }
  }
  catch (final UMException exOnGetRoles)
  {
    wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException( new WDNonFatalException(exOnGetRoles), false );
  }

wdContext.currentGuiSetup().setEditButtonVisibility
  (
    checkRoles(userRoles, MAY_EDIT_ITEM) ? WDVisibility.VISIBLE : WDVisibility.NONE
  );

wdContext.currentGuiSetup().setCreateButtonVisibility
  (
    checkRoles(userRoles, MAY_CREATE_ITEM) ? WDVisibility.VISIBLE : WDVisibility.NONE
  );

}

private boolean static checkRoles(final Set availableRoles, final Set sufficientRoles)
{
  final Set copyOfSufficientRoles = new HashSet( sufficientRoles );
  /* Intersect to sets */
  copyOfSufficientRoles.retainAll( availableRoles );
  /* Check passed if intersection is non-empty */
  return copyOfSufficientRoles.size() > 0;
}

final private Set userRoles = new HashSet();

final private static Set MAY_EDIT_ITEM = new HashSet
(
  Arrays.asList( new String[] { "Publisher", "Editor", "Administrator" } )
);

final private static Set MAY_CREATE_ITEM = new HashSet
(
  Arrays.asList( new String[] { "Publisher" } )
);

Hope you got the idea.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery

I tried your code with the force authentication. It is trying to get the user id of the J2EE engine.

In fact my requirement is.. when a user logs on to the enterprise portals and access the webdynpro components i need the enterprise portal user id and i want the portal user id roles.

Any suggestions please.

Regards

NagaKishore

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagakishore,

One option can be to provide SSO between the portal and WAS system and having same user id's in both the systems. This is when you have separate systems from portal and WAS. Then you can have the code above to get the user of the WAS which in turn will also be the user of your portal system.

I dont the complete scenario in your case but we have a same requirement and we are trying to solve it the way i have mentioned.

Regards

Sidharth

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagakishore,

I didn´t read the whole task but as of the last postings I think your problem is that you don´t use the same userstore for both systems (portal and Web AS that is hosting the Web Dynpro Apps.).

If you want to access the roles from portal in your Web Dynpros the portal has to write the role information to the same userstore the Web Dynpros read the role infos from. This can either be a corporate LDAP, a R/3 system or the same database.

Establishing SSO between the portal and Web AS is not sufficient. This only garantees that the Web AS accepts the logon ticket generated by the portal (in case of using logon tickets) or the portal provides the user information (id and pw) giving access to the Web AS (in case of using UIDPW).

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two more options.

1. Call the portal user management service from dynpro.

2. Create a web service for the portal user management service and call the web service from dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the security actions provided by web dynpro. Read section 1.4 of

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/web dynpro security.pdf