Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy client from 000 on same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have server with client 000.

I just wanted Copy this 000 to one more client 500 .

so that i can login this 500 client with sap* & password = pass.

pl guide me step by ste[p how to create a client on the same system from 000 and login for test/sandbox purpose ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all please confirm if client 500 is already existing old client or you wanted to create it new. If you say that is already existing client from long time, then why you want to copy it from 000 again. Suppose, if it is new client which you have created newly and if you are not able to login with sap* and pass then please change the value of parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 and restart the instance.

After that you can copy the client 500 from 000 using sccl as local client copy. If client 500 is not yet created then create the same using SCC4 and change the above said parameter and do client copy as desired from 000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a fresh installation, do this --

1. SCC4 --> Create client no. and fill other details.

2. Logon to the newly created client with SAP* and PASS as password. ( also make sure login/no_automatic_user_sapstar does not have the value 1)

3. SCCL --> choose any profile (preferably SAP_ALL), source client 000 and target client <as created just now>.

4. Preferably do a test run initially to check if it can go well.

5. As a care check space in databases.

6. To view the log files use the tcode scc3.

BR,

Vinod D