cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message server related

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly help me to understand on the below: (AIX, ECC6, Oracle 10.2)

I know that message server performs load balancing and co-ordinates communication between several instances... Now, if I have an SAP ECC6 system that has only one instance, the MS will be installed automatically as a service.

a: if I disable my message server, will it affect the system.. Ofcourse, the users connecting to the system will have to use the app server to connect directly; but will the system operations suffer ?

b: how can I start message server / dispatcher from the command line... the start profile says (Start_Program_00 = local $(_MS) pf=$(_PF)). If I execute, $(_MS) pf=$(_PF) (with substitution of MS as ms.sapSIDNO and _PF=profile path), will it start the message server and similarly the dispatcher and other services ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay-Basis,

a. yes there is a serious effect on the system if ms is not active.All the requests were routed using MS ,if MS itself is disabled or not active there will not be any requests flow in and out.Secondly if the installation is dual stack, there is no means of processing java requests.

b.As far as i know there is no mechanism to start seperately MS, since SAP start or stop of services are controlled by Start up controlled framework that was initiated once if start command was given.

Best Regards,

Shyam Dontamsetty

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

If I arrange my users to connect to my ABAP stack by directly connecting to the server, then will it make a difference. I mean is there anything that says that ABAP will not function properly ?

Answers (0)