cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post was rejected - Can I know why?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got an email stating that my following post was rejected. Can anyone tell me what is wrong in it?

Subject: Re: iview from webDynpro ABAP with Adobe interactive form

I am not a BSP expert but you can check below links to get you started on BSP - Adobe Integration.<br /> <br /> <a class="jive-link-external" href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/10/bsphowto-generate-pdf-output-from-a-bsp target="_newWindow">BSP/HowTo: Generate PDF Output from a BSP.</a><br /> <br /> <a class="jive-link-external" href="http://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0e58022-2a39-2a10-69a8-c1a892e2b3f4?quicklink=index&#38;overridelayout=true" target="_newWindow">How Tou2026Use Interactive Forms in BSP Applications</a><br /> <br />

Julius: Any ideas?

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I see, it was probably rejected because it provided links with any supporting text/answer.

Most posts in ABAP General which are of the form: Please refer this link, it will solve your problem are being rejected.

If it is there to be searched, then its the job of the OP to do it. Simple.

pk

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PK : Well I agree to the fact that it's the OP responsibility to search but there are so many threads with such answers/posts.

@Julius: You are right on... The post was moved to Adobe forums and I received email in last 12 hours. I wanted to know the actual reasoning behind rejection when there are 100s of them with such statements and I am not fully convinced this time.

Chintan

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but there are so many threads with such answers/posts

...but then so many threads minus X posts get rejected too

Personally, I feel Veteran Experts (like yourself) shouldn't stoop to the level of searching-and-posting to lazy posters. Leave that to the N00bie Experts

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I restored it and checked the log. It was subsequently picked up for posting "the usefull links" and the thread was closed from an earlier post of yours as well, so it was rejected without putting much thought into it. Some folks post to closed threads (suspect, but still can be okay to do) yet if it is only links then they generally get taken out and the system automatically sends a nasty mail - as was the case here.

> but there are so many threads with such answers/posts.

Yep, we have a little collection of them in the rejected posts log. Actually, 38346 of them.

The targets are actually repeat offenders which you for sure are not, so I would just take a note of it and move on.

Cheers,

Julius

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Point taken and am partially convinced because can you let me know what happens in a scenario when a person who has opened a thread, did not update it and marked as answered. Suppose I get a solution and post a link with the Note number which can solve the issue? Will that be a candidate for rejection as well? I think it should be allowed because at least someone is updating the thread with some useful information!

But as you said going through 33846 posts is just too much volume to handle and odd lucky posts like mine would go under Julius' scanner and be a nominee for rejection !!!

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't have a scanner for this. We have search techniques . Each case is dealt with, case-by-case.

Of course sometimes judgement calls are required and some of them are in the grey area of certainty - like this one.

In this case the moderator would have had to read the whole thread and review previous reported logs to spot the request for the forum move and your already prior efforts to solve it.

I am not sure what could have been done differently, without doing anything at all

Anyway... chin up and sorry about the nasty mail. Hope you understand.

Cheers,

Julius

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's fine Julius, I am convinced now

Good luck with moderating !!

Chintan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

This came in as a request to move the thread to the Adobe forums about 2 days ago - which was also done.

I might have "fat fingered" the "Reject" button while clearing the log, but I don't think so.

If the reject mail was only sent to you in the past 12 hours or so, then someone else must have reported the mini-link-farm and the Adobe moderators took it out.

Generally regarding links, I would only use them to support some comment or opinion of your own. Links on their own = use the search yourself.

If you would like me to restore the post then let me know. I guess the question you need to be asking yourself first is: Am I feeling lucky today? )

Cheers,

Julius