cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not communicate - SLD error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have seen several postings on this forum dealing with the issue of SLD errors. Though all of them have been useful in setting sld, I could not get the last piece working and I finally decided to post this questionnaire.

Here is the situation:

1.JCoRFC connections are maintained in Visual admin

2.SLD supplier bridge is maintained and tested ok in visual admin

3.SLD server is maintained and I could start and stop. No problems.

4.Services file in winnt/drivers/etc was modified to include the 3600/tcp.So I could create a logon group (SPACE) in the logonpad. No problems.

5.RZ70 is configured in the remote r/3 system with sld bridge configured. When I activate and start data collector it immediately created a system Technical system landscape as part of SLD browser.No problems

6.Jco connections are maitained for wd_modeldata_dest and wd_rfc_metadata_dest.

I could get these Jco destinations working if I opt for single server connection but not as message server option.

I always get the error message 'Connect to message server failed'.Should I have to recreate the webdynpro applications ?. Though I am trying to maintain the Jco destinations as 'Message server' oriented, I created these web dynpro applications in ND studio as 'Single server' option. Will this difference cause any problem ?

I could get several postings on this subject in the forum, I could not get what the solution is. Is anybody out there who got it solved ?

Appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i suggest creating a new entry for your sap backend in the sld manually http://host:port/sld Content Management.

because i don't know whether the RZ70 puts all the necessary data in the sld.

how did you manage to use NO message-server connection for your metadata-jconnection (wd_rfc_metadata_dest)? i thought this is mandatory a message server connection.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Achim for the response.I tried your suggestion but still the same message. Are you sure it is mandatory for message server connection in Jco settings ? When

I selected the other option 'Single server', it allowed me to add app. server settings which ofcourse works when I 'Test connect' the Jco destination. But the real application does end up in error indicating that

'Message server' should be maintained.

I could not think of anything else at this point and hope I could solve this before WAS's trial period is over

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I was going through the forum to get an idea why I could not connect via Jco destination and caught hold of this posting by you probably in mid Aug and I am trying to get more clarification.

Quote from your posting..

So i suggest to add a "sapmsBSP xxxx/tcp" entry to the PC1 services file and try it again. This entry must also be part of the connection definition in SLD.

Quote from your posting...

As suggested I already added the entry in services file which is why i was able to bring the entries in logon pad

successfully.

But what did you mean by "entry should be part of connection definition in SLD" ? I have maintained technical system landscape for the message server settings. Is that good enough ?

Regards

Swami Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I could get the issue of sld resolved by maintaining the entry also 'hosts' file within op system. That got me going.

Thanks

Swami Bala