Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Could not communicate - SLD error

Hello All,

I have seen several postings on this forum dealing with the issue of SLD errors. Though all of them have been useful in setting sld, I could not get the last piece working and I finally decided to post this questionnaire.

Here is the situation:

1.JCoRFC connections are maintained in Visual admin

2.SLD supplier bridge is maintained and tested ok in visual admin

3.SLD server is maintained and I could start and stop. No problems.

4.Services file in winnt/drivers/etc was modified to include the 3600/tcp.So I could create a logon group (SPACE) in the logonpad. No problems.

5.RZ70 is configured in the remote r/3 system with sld bridge configured. When I activate and start data collector it immediately created a system Technical system landscape as part of SLD browser.No problems

6.Jco connections are maitained for wd_modeldata_dest and wd_rfc_metadata_dest.

I could get these Jco destinations working if I opt for single server connection but not as message server option.

I always get the error message 'Connect to message server failed'.Should I have to recreate the webdynpro applications ?. Though I am trying to maintain the Jco destinations as 'Message server' oriented, I created these web dynpro applications in ND studio as 'Single server' option. Will this difference cause any problem ?

I could get several postings on this subject in the forum, I could not get what the solution is. Is anybody out there who got it solved ?

Appreciate any help.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question