Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPC

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

In RSPC, I have 15 Process chain.

1) How do I know which one is running and which one is not?

2) How do we know if the Process Chain is finished running successfully, including what time it complete?

3) Also, is there a way for us to see the number of records being extracted?

Please advise, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RSPC, double click the process chain for which you want to check the details.

click on the log button which you can see on the top.

1) iIf the log is green, then PC is finished succesfuly and you can see the time of execution there.

2)If it is still running, the log will be yellow and to check which step is running, see the process chain. the executing step will be in yellow colour.

3)to check the number of records extracted, right click on the process (info package or DTP) and click on process monitor.

THe other way is to use RSPCM. it is tool to check the status of all the process chains at once.

Thanks and Regards,

Srianth

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks so much for you input.

Is RSPCM only available in BI 7? We are on BW 3.5 only, what other way then?

My PC will call more than 29 InfoPackage. Instead of going the InfoPackage one by one to see the number of record extracted, is there a way to see the total number of records being extracted?

yogesh_patil5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

Use ABAP program - /SSA/BWT. It will work with 3.5.

I hope this information will helpful to you.

Regards.

Yogesh

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

No such program (/SSA/BWT)

I tried to run this in SE38 but it say does not exist?

former_member21257
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

it depends on your ST-a/PI version & patch level.

ST13 -> BW-Tools as described above should work for you anyway.

Rgds,

Colum

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bryan_koetting2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Lynn,

in the 7.0 Statistics, there is multiprovider 0TCT_MC21 that captures and reports Process Chain Statistics. There are a number of delivered queries with this multiprovider, such as "Total Runtime of Processes", "Short-Term Trends in Total Runtimes of a Process", etc. This multiprovider also contains a key figure for End Time. Check that Content to see if it can provide the information you seek.

The problem with reporting number of records is that record counts are a property of an individual data load, not a Process Chain. However, you could probably get this information from other areas of the BI Statistics, such as multiprovider "BI Object Request Status". This multiprovider does contain key figures for number of records. You would have to filter queries on this multiprovider for the objects contained in your Process Chains. You could construct variants for this purpose.

Bryan

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

no answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will be able to get all this information from a single TCODE

Go to ST13

Choose Tool Name as BW-TOOLS

and Execute.

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) How do I know which one is running and which one is not?

Go to RSPCM, the yello status of the process chain indicates that this is still running.

2) How do we know if the Process Chain is finished running successfully, including what time it complete?

If the status of the PC in RSPCM is green, it indicates that it is completed sucessfully. You can see the time against your PC in rspcm.

3) Also, is there a way for us to see the number of records being extracted?

Go to the data target from the process chain log to see the number of records extracted. Else, the log details of the process chain step also shows the no of extrated records

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RSPCM, the time is actually the start time, not stop time of the process chain.

In RSPC, I double-click on the Process Chain and go to View Log.

There, I can see what also the Start Time of the Process Chain, not the stop time.

How can we see the Stop Time of the Process Chain???

Please advise, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution would some hard.but you might find some clues.

I think if we know the process chain job name, we can know the when the job is stoped.

which in turn means the process chain has stoped.

Am i right?

As all the process chain jobs start with BI_PROCESS .

GO TO SM 37

give

job name= bi_proces*

date the date on which the proces chain stared.(as u can see in RSPCM)

Execute.

you get list of jobs

select one and clik on job log

Here you should find the to which chain the job belongs to?

Note:to know the start date .

I don't have BW 3.5 version so i could not tell about it.as already ourexperts told that some tcode you can get it from that.

Regards

Naresh.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Naresh,

I have checked that before but in SM37, I can only see the job time only!

What I noticed is the Job stop time does not mean the Process Chain's completion time!!!

Please advise.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

table RSPCLOGCHAIN : this will give you for a given process chain the logid's for every run of the chain

the field RSPCLOGCHAIN-ANALYZED_STATUS will give you the actual status of the process chain (for every logid, meaning for every run time)

table RSPCPROCESSLOG : for every logid found for your process chain in the above table, you 'll have the start and end timestamp of all the different steps. the latest end timestamp is the end timestamp of your chain.

if you need this info on a regular basis, you're better off writing a small abap report. this is easily done and you'll gain a lot of tlme.

M.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

while you're developping your program, you can add the table RSREQDONE.

field RSPCPROCESSLOG-INSTANCE = RSREQDONE-RNR. the field RSREQDONE-RECORDS gives you the number of records extracted from R/3

M.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Mti,

Thanks for the tips. I will try to see the table.

Just curious, is it really no way in any transaction (RSPC, RSA1 etc) in BW system we can see the Process Chain start and stop time easily?

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead you can use tcode RSPCM, include your process chain here (create button) if its not available here and see the timing.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Pravendar,

As mentioned, RSPCM only tells us the START TIME of the Process Chain, and its STATUS.

What we want to know is the STOP TIME of the Process Chain, and also, the number of record be extracted by this Process Chain.

Possible?