cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHETHER Shell creation is required or not ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Concerns,

I am new in TDMS.I want to use TDMS for my PRD system ( around 500 gb ) to my Quas.My query is :

How I compare the strcture of my PRD and QUAS systems.So that , I know whether Shell is needed or I do TDMS without Shell creation . ?

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your basis expert should be able to help you with this. Normally if all the transport that have come to these system are identical then the repository should be in sync. In case there are cases that some transport have come to one but not to the other then you will have to sync them.

Best regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

How can we check that our Quality & production systems are in sync.

1. If there is one or two TR have not moved to Prod from Qua then is the systems are in syn ...?

2. Do we need to compare Z programs /Z tcodes / Z tables in both systems, if yes then how ..?

3. Is there any standard tcodes/methods through which we can compare the systems ..?

Regards,

Mushtaq

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How can we check that our Quality & production systems are in sync.

> 1. If there is one or two TR have not moved to Prod from Qua then is the systems are in syn ...?

If it was a customizing change that won't impact the data transfer, it'd be deleted anyway to "clean up" the client before the data transfer trakes place.

> 2. Do we need to compare Z programs /Z tcodes / Z tables in both systems, if yes then how ..?

yes

> 3. Is there any standard tcodes/methods through which we can compare the systems ..?

You can "simply" do a test client copy, that will reveal structural (speak, dictionary) differences. However, there's no single program to compare your ABAP coding.

If this is a standard setup usually all changes that are in PRD are also in QA.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx !!!