cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe location and Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am little confused about how the universe is moved and where is it stored..

i have created an universe using designer and saved it and exported it..

where is it getting saved before and after exporting...?

how can we find the universe and transport them from dev to quality system ?

Please explain the flow of universe and where its getting stored..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

hen you create/edit a universe this is stored locally on your client (ie. the machine where the universe designer runs on). After you export it then the universe is stored in your BOBJ repository (partially in the DB repository and partially in the file repository on your BOBJ server).

You can transfer a universe from your DEV BOBJ installation to your TEST BOBJ installation using either the ImportWizard or the LifeCycle Manager (if you are using XI 3.1). The advantage of the LCM is that during the transfer process you can map the universe connection automatically from your DEV data source to your TEST data source.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

>After you export it then the universe is stored in your BOBJ repository (partially in the DB repository and partially in the file repository on your BOBJ server).

Hi Stratos,

Thanks for your reply..

Where this repository is supposed to be..

XXX\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\FileStore\Input ?

or

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\Universes\@<Servername>_6400\webi universes ?

This location can be changed in designer..but, after exporting,i dont find universe in there..

How do we change or specify the export location and where is it really gettting exported..?

Please throw some light on this..any best practices or steps would be really helpful..

> You can transfer a universe from your DEV BOBJ installation to your TEST BOBJ installation using either the ImportWizard or the LifeCycle Manager (if you are using XI 3.1). The advantage of the LCM is that during the transfer process you can map the universe connection automatically from your DEV data source to your TEST data source.

I need to specify the path and pull the universes for transports in LCM...

0 Kudos

Hi

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\Universes\@<Servername>_6400\webi universes is the path where you universes are saved hen you use the Universe Designer or any rich client tool like Desktop Intelligence or the Web Intelligence Rich client.

You should not really being playing around ith the location of the universe definition in the BOBJ repository. Let me ask you hy you need this information?

Not sure also about your question on LCM. The LCM ill allow you to connect to a source and a destination BOBJ server and let you browse in the contents of the source system. There you can pick up the objects (eg. reports and universes) which are going to be transfered.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

After importing using IW the universe doens't exist when we try to open using designer in Quality..

> There you can pick up the objects (eg. reports and universes) which are going to be transfered.

The universe doesn't exist in the path *****/webi universe

I have to change the location of the universe when we export and make sure that shows up in LCM when we transport...

Answers (0)