cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to maintain product hierarchy at client level? Or maybe at sales org level?

I want one client to have 5 levels, while the other one is using 8 levels?

The configuration of product hierarchy is set at cross-client..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check OSS Note 504317 - Product hierarchy: Number of digits.

It looks you can maintain only upto 3 levels.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create of 8 level. in customizing. At sales org level in material master, you can maintain it for 5 level or 8 level depending on the sales org for the same material.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a company/sales org, is already using product hierarchy, then it will have an impact on their current masterdata? they will have to change it as well?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to the previous posting, I checked SAP help.

See the link [Define Product Hierarchies|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/77/1a39516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/frameset.htm]

It looks you can extend the levels upto 9 per this documentation. In one of these level you can maintain the sales org or company code details. Get the help from an ABAPer for adding the levels.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to confuse you.. but my question is, if I make the structure to 5 layers, will this have an impact to other clients using the same box? or company code in the same client?

Is it possible, that at client 001, product heirarchy is 3 layers, while client 002, product hierarchy is 6 layers...