Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototype

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a repost from the MM forum since this involves the PLM process

Hi,

We are thinking of a process wherein the engineering department would have their own material type eg ZENG for all prototyping related materials. This material type would contain only basic data fields such as description, unit of measure etc. At a certain point, when the prototyping effort is completed, these materials would be converted to different types such as ROH, HALB, FERT etc. and would then be used by manufacturing

a) Does anyone have experience with this kind of process and if so what are your thoughts.

b) If this ZENG material is created via CAD integration, and then later on when the material type is changed how would the CAD interface reconcile that?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

We also follow a similar process.

The engineering dept is responsible for only BD1, BD2 and classification only.After it reaches a crtain status it can e used for manufacturing, the other views will be filled by other departments later.

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I have dealt with a similar situation. We have used a workflow that will be routed to different departments for completing the other views of that particular material. The engineer first starts with Basic data 1 and Basic Data 2 views, then to planning, costing Quality etc etc departments.

Coming to the reconciling part it should be taken care by enabling the bi directional mapping of parameters in the CAD desktop. Here I am assuming the engineer is entering some of the basic data with in the file parameters / attributes.

Hope this helps!

N K