cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executing transaction: java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a transaction which has many SQL queries.

When I execute this transaction, after a long time i get the below error :

Error executing transaction: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Initially the Row Count in each of the query templates was set to : 100

I again changed the Row Count to: 10000 but still I get the same error.

The 'Response TimeOut(Seconds)' for all the SQL Query blocks in the Transaction is set to : 50000

Please help me out solve this error.

Thanks,

Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Most likely the workbench is timing out, an easy way to determine this is by running the transaction using runner which the transaction will not time out but any queries would

http://server:port/XMII/Runner?Transaction=Project/folder/transactioname&inputname=value&OutputParam...

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transaction runs without any error when executed from the browser using the url http://<server>/Lighthammer/Runner?LogType= TRACEDEBUG & Transaction = </transactionPath/>

I am using xMII 11.5.

The SQL Queries just use the select statements.

In one of the forums I have read that the timeout by default is set to 5 mins in Globals --> Properties.

But in Logic Editor--> Globals --> Properties, I dont find properties name for the timeout setting.

Is there anywhere that I need to change my default settings to avoid the timeout of transaction?

Regards,

Sid

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check out note 951485

Regards,

Jamie

0 Kudos

Sid,

This is simply a design-time timeout message that you are seeing and not an error from the execution of your transaction. In the workbench goto Help -> Settings and change your timeout parameters to be more inline with your transaction execution time.

Hope this helps,

Sam

0 Kudos

My mistake, this is a v11.5 question...well the idea is still the same but you have to add a Global property:

Name: ExecutionTimeout

Value: 300000

I believe that the timeout is in milliseconds but it may be seconds, I can't remember...been a really long time.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added a global property 'ExecutionTimeout' and set the value as '1800000'. Now the transaction executes with no errors.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Regards,

Sid

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version and build number of MII?

If you don't think it's the queries, since RowCount doesn't seem to impact anything, then perhaps it is the overall transaction that is timing out.

There are a few threads here in the forum that you can search wiith some settings at the NetWeaver configuration level for http related timeouts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this much row count is needed for sql query ie. too for all sql query action blocks. And not necessary to increase the timeout.

You can use Tracer action block below the sql action block to debug where exactly the problem is arising.

It also might be the case of a networking issue.

-Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Feb 11, 2010 1:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of Query are you using?. Meaning Select or Insert or Update query statement?

Below are the suggested Query Optimization Techniques

1.You can use Query tuning methods to fine tune the queries.

2.add inner join or outer join operations to retrieve details faster.

3.Use Cursor and fetch records.

4.Use Indexing or Hashing techniques.

Thanks

Rajesh.S