cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process File on Application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement when ever a file is stored on application server, it should be automatically processed. the file has the data same as IDOC SYSTAT01. So it changes the idoc status for other o/b idocs. One proposed solution is STARTRFC trigger as soon as file arrives at application server. COuld some one guide the steps to set it up.

ANy pointer will be highly appriciated.

Kind Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have a requirement when ever a file is stored on application server, it should be automatically processed. the file has the data same as IDOC SYSTAT01. So it changes the idoc status for other o/b idocs. One proposed solution is STARTRFC trigger as soon as file arrives at application server. COuld some one guide the steps to set it up.

>

you could write a small script that is executed every minute.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Markus,

Thanks for the reply. What I understood is ..the script should run of the Non SAP system from where file is coming.

Can you provide the details required from SAP side for this.

I believe..it should be STARTRFC command...and some function module to change the Idoc status....not sure??

Thanks

Ashish

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for the reply. What I understood is ..the script should run of the Non SAP system from where file is coming.

Depends on where the file is put.

> Can you provide the details required from SAP side for this.

> I believe..it should be STARTRFC command...and some function module to change the Idoc status....not sure??

That depends which function module you're calling.

We use a script to get data from an FTP server (from the SAP application server); if the server downloads a file it will be uploaded to the SAP IDOC inbox using startrfc, yes.

What you have call and how you find out whether there's a file or not must be decided at your side, we call it like

$PROGRAM -balanced -3 -d $DEST -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -c $CLIENT \
            -I $LANG -s $DEST -F $FUNCTION -g $LOGONGROUP \
            -h $MSGSERVER -E PATHNAME=$i -E PORT=$PORT

where $PROGRAM is 'startrfc' and $FUNCTION = 'EDI_DATA_INCOMING'.

Markus

Markus