cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of HTTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can anyone give me the use of HTTP adapter, and in what case we go for HTTP adapter with an example.

Their is SOAP adapter which can communicate with the webservices then what is the use of HTTP adapter.

Thanks,

Srinivas Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

HTTP Adapter is used by extenal systems to connect to Intergartin server using native HTTP Interface.... HTTP adapter is a service which is directly connected to integration engine..HTTP adapter is used when you want to post a HTTP request message from a web application to XI.

Where The SOAP adapter enables you to exchange SOAP messages between remote clients or Web service

servers and the Integration Server or the PCK.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The plain HTTP adapter gives application systems the option of communicating with the Integration Engine and exchanging business data using a plain HTTP connection.

Some external systems, for example, Web servers in marketplaces, can only process data if it is sent as an HTML form using HTTP.

Hope it helps !!!

Regards,

J Augastine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Augastine for quick reply.

I am not able to get ur lines completely, what are application systems and web servers in scenario point of view. Explain it clearly.

Is data through HTTP adapter is send only in HTML format.? Like HTTP adapter SOAP also uses HTTP protocol wright, then soap adapter can also be used in place of http adapter.?

correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Srinivas Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Simply if the security is not concern then use the HTTP adapter otherwise use the SOAP adapter. In the SOAP adapter security is available.

The plain HTTP adapter gives application systems the option of communicating with the Integration Engine and exchanging business data using a plain HTTP connection. Depending on the receiver system, outbound messages can be enhanced with certain information.

The SOAP adapter enables you to exchange SOAP messages between remote clients or Web service servers and the Integration Server or the PCK.

In the SOAP adapter, you can specify security settings to be used to sign/verify the SOAP body. In addition, you can specify the standard to be used for signing/verifying the SOAP message.

whenever Xi need to communicate with any sort of webservice i.e remote applications it uses SOAP adapter.. And XI uses HTTP adapter when you want to post a HTTP request message from a web application to XI.

Regards

Ramesh