cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP role approvers not getting emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC 5.3 SP09: email notifications for role approvers (not CAD, in roles as lead approvers) are not being sent. All other notifications are being sent. the ROLE_APPROVER stage has the standard Approval Determinator of "Role", workflow type "CUP". Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

When you say all other notification are being sent, does that mean CUP sends emails to other approvers but not the role appvoers or owners?

If yes, then first thing to check would be to make sure all the role approvers have valid email address in the configured user details data source.

If no, then make sure that you are running email notification and email reminder backgorund job every 5 or 10 mins.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say all other notification are being sent, does that mean CUP sends emails to other approvers but not the role appvoers or owners?

boldYes, that is correct

If yes, then first thing to check would be to make sure all the role approvers have valid email address in the configured user details data source.

boldYes, the email is valid (for testing, all emails go to the same address)

If no, then make sure that you are running email notification and email reminder backgorund job every 5 or 10 mins.

boldThe job is running every 60secs

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't make sense. Can a role owner still approve the request without getting emails? If yes then I would recommend to open a message wtih SAP and let them look at your system. If no then this person is not a valid role owner/approver.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the issue! When you set up the stages, in "Additional Configuration" the "Forward Allowed" value MUST be "No". I found this when looking at the syslog and seeing something referring to forwarding....it was throwing a SQLerror. On the off-chance this actually meant something, I changed the value to "No" (forwarding not allowed) and it worked. Sounds like a bug in SP9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does sound like a bug. Forward allowed has nothing to do with email notification.

Regards,

Alpesh