Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving happening with ZERO kb file size even the file is 2kb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is File(FTP)--XI--File(NFS) Interface

Picking up the file from outside our network and drop it at our shared folders with some transformations inside mapping

1) In Sender File Adapter, I setup file processing mode as Archive and defined my network shared folder to archive it.

2) when i place the file it is picked up by Sender adapter

3) and while archiving it is arching with zero kb size and from source the file is not removed. File is still there only.

I didn't understand the logic here, how it is happening with out removing the file from source and Arching with Zero kb to Archive folder.

Please share your thoughts

REgards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Make sure you that have delete authorization on the Source Directory and write authorization on the target Directory....for archieve mode, the file should be moved to archieved directory...hence ask the basis guys to give 777 permissions to the both folder directory and the file.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RWB - Comm Channel Monitoring to see if there are any errors while archiving a file. Let me know what you see there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i check RWB--File Sender CC, it is success and even when i check the Log

It is saying that successfully picked the file from FTP location and deleted from there and placed at Archived Folder.

REgards

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Where are you trying to do the archival? in FTP location or in adapter engine. If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

Also check that the sender and archival folder have complete authorization (ie 777 or it is authorized to read/write/execute)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam Archiving to my XI Shared Folders only not on FTP .

I have all the authorizations on Archive folder because iam able to write the actual processed file by Receiver adapter in this scenario.

My Folder is like this

sapxi\interfaces\WMS\----

inside this we have "curr" & "hist" folders

curr folder is to write the processed file and hist folder is to archive the files from FTP location

If i dont have authorizations on Source FTP Folder means i should get some error on Sender CC. But it looks good. No Error

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Ideas....

Regards

Vamsi