cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Planning books via Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to publish our Planning books via portal, so we can use Single Sign on (SSO) and our users can do their planning online instead of logging into SAP GUI. I have no clue where to start.

I would appreciate if anyone could provide me details or documentation.

We are on SCM 5.0.

Thanks in advance.

APO User

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO user,

You can very well access planning book via portal.

I do not know the technical details beyond it but you need

to establish enterprise portal for that.

This can be done by creating BI reports in query designer

followed by publishing them.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Senthil.

We already have BI reports thru the portal. But we want to be able to access APO Planning books via portal, we want to access transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94 thru the portal for our users to do their forecasting.

Anyone who has information regarding this please share.

Thanks,

APO User

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPAPO_User,

were you able to publish planning books on Portal? we have similar req with Enterprise portal, I am still figuring out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP APO Consensus Planning allows access to SAP APO Planning books through an Internet browser.

Your basis personnel will be able to explain Use of SAP middleware technology for Internet applications: SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) .

There is is another applciation, SCM APO Supply Chain Collaboration component is useful for data exchange over internet and the value propostion is for business partners, however, enabling the same , data exchange over internet is possible for both external and internal users:

The help URL is as below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/2e/2c8e39b7b3972ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

The architecture diagram shows the data flow.

Regards

Datta

·

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datta,

We are already using Collaborative Demand /Supply planing. At present we use ITS (internet Transaction server) on SCM system.

But the question is more towards system architecture, can we access collaborative demand/supply planning (CLPSDP) through EP (enterprise portal)? Did any one client successfully implemented this architecture and what are challenges. Based this tread I understand at least some using this and trying get answers on practicality/easy of the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one is the licsence fee. Thats what drives people to EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to publish our Planning books via portal, so that we can use Single Sign on (SSO) and our users can do their planning online instead of logging into SAP GUI. I have no clue where to start.

I would appreciate if anyone could provide me details or documentation.

We are on SCM 5.0.

Thanks in advance.

APO User