cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import of Visual Composer@browser models into Visual Composer@NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

some month ago, I started modeling a number of composite views with the browser version of the Visual Composer 7.1 SP 5. At this time, the corresonding NWDS did not provide an integrated Visual Composer.

Now, we have moved to the CE 7.1 EhP 1 SP 2. This time the NWDS provides an integrated Visual Composer. Unfortunately, the integrated Visual Composer does not display my models.

How can I import my Visual Composer models from the browser version to the NWDS version?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

In wich repository did you develop your models in Visual Composer@browser?

Is it Local repository, Shared repository or DTR (Source Control repository)?

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

I used the local repository.

However, I want to migrate my development to an NWDI track.

Best regards

Alexander

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

You can use Import/Export in order to move your models from Visual Composer@browser to Visual Composer@NWDS.

But If you intend to add your models to DTR (Source Control repository) in the future, you should to add them to DTR in VC@browser first, import them in NWDS (using Development Infrastructure perspective) from the DTR, check out, continue modeling and check in at the end.

In order to add models to DTR in NWDS you should to create model in DTR on the beginning.

I mean, in VC@NWDS if you create a model in Local repository, it will be impossible to add the model to DTR later on.

Regards,

Tali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

You can use Import/Export in order to move your models from Visual Composer@browser to Visual Composer@NWDS.

Although, I have been able to export my models from VC@browser, I have not succeeded in importing them into VC@NWDS. Can you please give me a hint how to do that?

But If you intend to add your models to DTR (Source Control repository) in the future, you should to add them to DTR in VC@browser first, import them in NWDS (using Development Infrastructure perspective) from the DTR, check out, continue modeling and check in at the end.

To this end, I have to configure the VC@browser to use the DTR, right? Can you please give me a hint how to perfom the required configuration?

Thanks a lot

Alexander

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

In order to Import/Export models in NWDS use Model menu in the Menu bar.

Please note, that the focus should be on Visual Composer, else the commands of Model menu will be disabled.

I mean, if you see that the commands of Model menu are disabled, just click on the model's board in order to put focus on Visual Composer's editor.

For configuring Visual Composer to work with DTR please refer to this article:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/9f/d4dc01c6e64b9db3ae125c350439cc/content.htm

Regards,

Talia

Edited by: Talia Gurevich on Feb 11, 2010 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

I managed to achieve my goal by performing the following steps.

I created a new software component in my local repository of my NWDS which has the same name as the software component in the local repository of the VC@browser.

In this software component I create a visual composer development component and imported my models as explanied by you.

Using copy and paste, I copied the development component to my software component in the DTR and adjusted the dependencies and permissions.

Finally, I added the new DC to the track and checkd in.

Best regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Just one comment, VC models have internal description of their dependencies so is those were no changes, you may end up with inconsistent models that might lead to inconsistent applications.

When you say that you "adjusted the dependencies and permissions" what exactly do you mean? did you change the Dependencies.xml file?

Regards,

Nati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natan,

When you say that you "adjusted the dependencies and permissions" what exactly do you mean? did you change the Dependencies.xml file?

I did not change the Dependencies.xml file. Rather, I fixed the information in the Dependencies and Permissions tabs in the NWDS.

Best regards

Alexander

Answers (0)