cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expenses Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have got a requirement that allows the end user to enter their Expenses through Portal. Because, at the moment all our users are claiming their expenses using a Paper form and we want to replace this by using Portal.

We know that we can use ESS "Travel and Expenses", but we want this to be a separate iView and doesn't want to be part of that process. Is this possible? If so, could anyone please explain me about process. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

I won't say it's impossible, but the Travel Expenses are heavily integrated with the Travel. For example, a Travel Expense is stored as a Trip (there is not a separate Expense object type).

I recently implemented Travel Expenses for a client who only wanted to use the Expenses functionality. In this case we just removed the irrelevant parts. However, if you're talking about separating the two while still using the travel planning, I think you'll find that there's too much overlap to allow them to work independently.

You'll probably find more answers in this forum:

-Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think my requirements were not layed out clearly. Let me explain it more clearly.

At the moment we are using customised version of SAP Standard "Travel and Expenses" part of ESS to enter the "Car Mileage". Now, this is only allowing our users to enter "Car Mileage". So, if that user doesn't want to enter a Car Mileage, and only want to claim for his Expenses (like Over Night Allowances etc...) they cannot use the Travel and Expenses iView as we have customised it in such a way that without entering the "Mileage" it wouldn't allow you to proceed.

So, we had to come up with a new process that allows the user to enter his Expenses seperately on a different iView but want to go on to the Travel itself. Is this possible?

I hope this explains my requirement. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I suppose my first reaction is to wonder why the employee is still forced to enter mileage if you also want to allow them to enter other expenses. However, if changing that isn't possible, could you make another copy of the standard view and modify it to accept all expenses other than mileage? Then you could make both copies available under ESS.

-Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Well, thats a nice question!! Initially when we started using "Travel and Expenses" iView we only had a requirement to allow the users to Enter the Car Mileage. Later on after a Year (Now!!), this new requirement of entering the Expenses has come up. So, when we first rolled-out the first Travel Expenses, we customised the SAP Standard by applying some Validations on the Car Mileage iView and removing the extra bits like "Expenses". So, now we want to do a completely new iVew for the purpose of iViews.

Because, of the customised changes to the SAP Standard ESS iViews we cannot re-use the iView by copying as the same validation rules apply to that Travel and Expenses iView. So, we had to do a new iview for the Expenses. I hope this explains our scenario. Please let me know if you can suggest any SAP Standard BAPIs that we can use and develop WD iViews to enter the "Expenses". I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I'm still inclined to think you should start with another fresh copy of the standard iView and modify it to meet your needs. If you use a different trip schema ([info here|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2c/efb007c22c11d194cb00a0c92946ae/content.htm]), I think you should be able to modify your existing validation rules to be schema-specific (and thus they will only effect the iView you're currently using, not the new copy, which could use a different schema).

I think people watching the Travel Management forums will be more familiar with schemas and travel management BADIs.

-Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Your reply makes so much sense to me now. I have posted a question in "Travel Management" forum

So, do you think that if e have two "Trip Schema" like 1) TRIP 2) Expenses, then depending on the selection of trip schema we can hide views with different validations? If that is the case, my problem would be solved. Have you done it like that? Thanks a lot for your help....

Regards,

Gopal.

Answers (0)