cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKKP CoCd -> CO Area indicator change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am going to add the second Company Code (CoCd) to CO area that is in use. Unfortunately the indicator Assignment Control is set to 1- Controlling Area is Assigned to One Company Code. The system enables the change to value 2 Cross-company-code cost accounting but I don't know any consequences related to this. Is it possible to do it without any influence to the FI/CO processes for the first company (the most precious from business perspective) taking into account master data maintenance, posting, allocation etc? - especially that we are using PCA and CO-PA

Kind regards

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the currency of this second company code does not differ from the first one, you can change the indicator with no doubt. Please, mind that you you'll have to create CO objects (cost centre, I/O, etc.) also for the second company code.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adam,

Currency can be different, but the following have to be same for assigned Company codes:

The same number of posting periods. You make this setting in the fiscal year variant.

The same chart of accounts

What is your Controlling area currency? If '10' then check SAP note # 120826.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to assign another company code to controlling area. it should have same Fiscal year variant with same posting periodss and same chart of account.

Regards,

Sreekanth