cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 5.3: Call RFC after provisioning

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it possible to call custom RFC module in ABAP system (CUA) from CUP and pass some request parameter so it after request is approved ?

Thanks, Anton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

I have never tried this option but it is available in CUP. If you go to configuration -> workflow -> CUA system, there are two places where you can set up custom module. 1) CUA User Provisioning Configuration and 2) CUA Role Provisioning Configuration. You can select Function template as 'Custom' for user and role provisioning and provide the custom template name in the textbox.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

Let me explain my question in more details:

I want to integrate HR, CUP and CUA.

CUP requests should be created via custom application and send to CUP via WS call.

When request is created for staffer who does not yet have acceess to SAP systems his employee record is searched in SAP HR and request is filled automatically with employee data (Name, Position, Email, ...).

When request is approved in CUP the account should be created in CUA and then UserID should be sent to HR (to 105 Infotype).

The question is how to send UserID to HR after provisioning:

- Z-ABAP code in CUA called using BADI

- Z-ABAP code called from CUP after provisioning

- may be standard CUA features exists?

Thanks in advance,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

This would be CUA functionality. CUP has nothing to do with HR or any other system if CUP is talking to CUA.

Regards,

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is a typical Identity Management scenario.

The proper way to do that would be to create the user ID during the hiring process (probably automated) and use CUP's HR Trigger functionality to start requesting SAP access.

Frank.

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

Thank you for replies!

Currently customer does not use ESS and does not want to have all employees as SAP users (even in CUA system). So the best way as I see is to create user in CUA and SAP system on demand.

But how to to update HR employee record automatically using standard approach (w/o Z-development)?

May be you will say that the best solution is to replace CUA with SAP IDM... but is is not in the project scope now :(.

Thanks,

Anton.

Edited by: Anton Kurudinov on Feb 11, 2010 9:46 PM

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I was not suggesting the IdM product - just the general theme.

I suppose you will have all employees set up in HR?

If so, why not trigger a SAP account by creating a user ID (how do they log in to their PCs anyway - if you keep that in sync you'll save yourself LOTS of effort later on, believe me ) and have CUP pick that up?

Or just kick off the CUP request by some kind of other event, but start by creating the user ID in infotype 105 before you create the SAP account.

Is that an option? If not, why?

Frank.