cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 (SP9) Role search in a CUP request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a problem. I cannot select roles by company selection in a CUP request. I believe I am not associating companies to roles correctly...I don't know what went wrong and what additional procedures that I have to follow to fix this problem.

I need this selection feature since we are going to give a set of roles to users (or let them select) according to the company that they belong to.

Here is what I did basically:

1. Under Configuration>Role Attributes>Custom Filed in ERM, I set up a custom filed "COMPANY" and put some values (COMP1, COMP2, etc).

2. Under Configuration>Roles>Attributes in CUP, I also set up companies that are exactly the same as those in ERM.

2. Then, I created a role (ROLE1) in ERM and gave a company attribute (COMP1) to that role. Now, ROLE1 should be associated to COMP1, theoretically, right?

3. However, when I crate a new user in a CUP request and then search for a role (ROLE1) by selecting company attribute (COMP1), the role (ROLE1) does not show up. This is my problem.

PS: I have no problem getting a role by functional area, business process, or other predefined attributes in CUP.

Please save me if you can.

HM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi HM,

- the company ID is identical in ERM and CUP, and properly assigned to roles?

- you have imported the roles from ERM to CUP?

Do the roles show up with the correct comany assigned in CUP Role Search?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

1. The company ID is identical in ERM and CUP, and properly assigned to roles?

=Yes (double checked).

2. You have imported the roles from ERM to CUP?

=Yes (CUP>Roles>Import Roles/Groups, and the role source is ERM).

3. Do the roles show up with the correct company assigned in CUP Role Search?

=No (please see below commnets).

When I search roles in ERM (Role Management>Role>Search), I can see the company ID under the tab "Custom Attributes".

When I search roles in CUP (Config>Roles>Search Roles), I don't see the company ID anywhere including the tab "Company" and "Custom Attributes".

Does this give you any clue?

Thanks,

HM

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Actually it does - sorry I didn't see that right away....

COMPANY is not a standard attribute in ERM, so it does not get transferred in the import.

You need to add the company in CUP only (i.e. no need to maintain it in ERM).

You can do this by exporting all roles to Excel and adding the company values there, and re-import with overwrite option.

FRank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HM,

I responded to this in another thread. You need to maintain company and role relationship in ERM and CUP both as the company field is not carried over from ERM to CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

OK, I will try that. Thanks!

HM

Answers (0)