cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does /sapmnt need in cluster file system(SAP ECC 6.0 with oracle RAC)

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

We are going to be installing SAP with Oracle 10.2.0.4 RAC on Linux SuSE 10 and OCFS2. The Oracle RAC documentation states:

You must store the following components in the cluster file system when you use RAC

in the SAP environment:

- Oracle Clusterware (CRS) Home

- Oracle RDBMS Home

- SAP Home (also /sapmnt)

- Voting Disks

- OCR

- Database

What I want to ask is if I really need put SAP Home(also /sapmnt) on cluster file system? I will build a two nodes oracel 10g RAC and I also have another two nodes to install SAP CI and DI. My orginial think is sapmnt is a NFS share, and mount to all four nodes(RAC node and CI/DI), and all oracle stuff was on OCFS2(only two rac nodes are OCFS), anybody can tell me if SAP Home(also /sapmnt) can be NFS mount not OCFS2, thanks.

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

Not in production but for test, I tried share /sapmnt through nfs and it works for me. My test env is: two nodes RAC and another node for SAP CI, all the nodes are virtual machine running CentOS 5.2

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I don't think you need to keep /sapmnt in ocfs2 . Reason any file system need to be in cluster is,in RAC environment, data stored in the cache of one Oracle instance to be accessed by any other instance by transferring it across the private network and preserves data integrity and cache coherency by transmitting locking and other synchronization information across cluster nodes.

AS this applies to redo files, datafiles and control files only , you should be fine with nfs mount of /sapmnt sharing across and not having ocfs2.

-SV

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

SV,

Thanks for your answer, i have figured out it and tested it in my env.

Best regards,

Peter