cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning in compile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question: when I go to compile my view in a WDA, I don't have errors but I have this warning:

The loading unit for the component is very large

What is this error?

I have four tables in this view... May depend on it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

How many views in your component? That is generally the factor that influences this size warning. All the content of a component must compile into one unit. You are approaching the size limitation on the component.

You should think about multiple components to break your component up into smaller parts before you hit the size limitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

What is the limit for no.views in a Component...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is right, I deleted some views and I don't have the warning...

but What is the limit for number of views in a Component...?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no fixed limit on the number of views. The limit you are hitting is the size in bytes of the total web dynpro component. Since the web dynpro component gets compiled behind the scenes into one compelation unit - you are limited by the maximum size the ABAP compiler can handle (this limit is increased in 7.02 by the way).

In theory, you could reach this limit with just one very large view - although it would have to be extremely large to reach the size limit.

Even once the compiler limitaitons are raised in 7.02 it better to follow a general design rule. Personally I don't really like to have more than 12-15 views Maximum in my components. More than that and things started to get complicated to manage and you are probably missing opportunities for componentization and reuse.

Now that said, in 7.02 I find myself using more views than in previous releases because of the view-level optimization of the delta handling. Also FlashIslands/Silverlight Islands and the new scrollable areas can lead to more views as well. But these are techincal reasons why you might have 8-10 views in a component. You should still logically break out your application into separate components using Floorplan Manager, (Generic) UI Building Blocks, and CHIPs.

Answers (0)