cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move SU with multiple batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the client's WH there can be pallets (storage units) with multiple batches. This is configured and works OK. However these storage units cannot be moved. Obviously when moved, they must keep their SU number.

If I try to move only 1 batch, the movement is not allowed because then a duplicate SU will result.

If I try to move the whole quantity, the data in the TO will not be consistent.

Actually in both cases I get the message

Storage unit XXXXXis not consistent with other transfer order data

I have tried moving them in LT01. I also tried in LT10 - here the system moved both but assigned a new SU to one of the batches. (?!?!?!?!)

Is there a way to move such pallets? And if not , why is there a config option for mixed batches for SU, IF IT DOES NOT WORK???

Edited by: HunLogistic on Feb 10, 2010 3:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I forgot about LT09.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my explanation was not clear.

I have a pallet (SU) in the warehouse. It has 2 batches on it. In WM there are 2 quants assigned to this SU.

Now I want to move the SU to another bin.

But I cannot. If I want to move just 1 quant, I get the error message (this would of course result in a duplicate SU). I cannot move the whole quantity at once, because they are different batches and you have to specify a batch in the TO.

Both quants and the SU should be moved to another bin while they keep their SU.

How is it possible? One workaround would be to move 1 quant, assign it a dummy SU, then move the other quant (that would keep its SU) and then move the 1st one to the 2nd SU. Is there a simpler way?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, maybe I didn't read your question carefully.

Try LT09.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the client's WH there can be pallets (storage units) with multiple batches. This is configured and works OK. However these storage units cannot be moved. Obviously when moved, they must keep their SU number.

This is obviously not true.

The storage unit number uinquely identifies the storage unit within your warehouse. If you pick up goods from your storage unit you cannot use the same ID for the new unit since in this case you would have two SUs with same ID in your WH.

Standard system is working poperly, you can have mixed storage units with different materials and batches and you can use complete and partial stock removal w/o any problem - please see online help.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f846eb4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

If you only transfer a part of the storage unit into another SU-managed storage type, the system assigns a new SU number for this part of the original SU...

Isn't it possible that there's a developemnt which want to use the existing SU number for the new one?

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 10, 2010 4:08 PM