cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message "error during material determination"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

My end user reversed transaction DP90...the reversal took place with a goods issue still being shown (reversal of goods issue was not done). When trying to run the DP90 again...I get this message

I am receiving this error when running DP90. for character. combination w/o mat assign in DIP profile ZXXXXX

It gives the cost element and the cost center....I have found the source document, but not sure where the source document is located in the process or if I need to do soemthing with the source document....I see the source document number and it is associated with a name of someone in finance. There is not any invoice on this.

I have looked on the forums and see where it mentions different notes, to check the config in material determination...but it worked before the reversal was done and other orders work with the same material.

I am unsure that the config needs to be changed (transaction ODP1) as it works for others....same material

Please advise what I need to troubleshoot or if maybe I do need one of the many notes that the forum has mentioned. The notes atre 301117,438282, and 460415

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any direction on this please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kimberly,

You need to check DIP profile setting if profile is attached to your order type or not please check this.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes my order type (repair order) is under the sales document type with warranty indicator selected and the DL w/material is not selected...looking at the help on this indicator it states "If the indicator is not set (the default setting), an error message appears if you try to process a dynamic material that has no material number"....could this be my issue?