cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping unwanted mail from test system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First some background. Our test system has been refreshed from production and contains live customers and email addresses. During application testing many test mails were being generated to real customers. This is OK as long as no one accidently starts a send process from SOST. Of course this happened, so I restricted the addresses that could be sent to in SCOT by setting the "Supported address types" to *.mycompany.com.

Now during testing I get thousands of failed updates in the system, one for every mail that is generated in function mudule RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE

message XS826

Cannot process message, no route from USER to ..............@CustomerCompany....

Does any one know how the failing updates can be stopped while still blocking mails to all outside addresses?

Regards

Craig.

Edited by: Craig Stow on Feb 10, 2010 1:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If those addresses are not allowed and SAPConnect is still schedule to send the mails you're due to get those messages, you could cancel SAPConnect and send the ones you need manually but I presume thats no good... so as far as I can see you will have to ignore them

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I forgot to mention that I already had RSCONN01 descheduled but ocasionaly someone goes into SOST and tries to send one mail and then sends the whole queue. So I was trying to stop this type of accident.

I think you are right, I will have to just clear down the failed updates in SM13 manually.

Craig

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should restrict the access to SOST only to your basis team... and clear the queue ocationally

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not going to use the email on your quality server you can disable the SMTP from SCOT.

V...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Yes I suggested that but the developers screamed bl***y hell because they would not be able to release their own mails from the queue during testing.

V...

I can't stop mail completely for the same reason. I am allowing only certain addresses through via the configuration of the SMTP node in SCOT. This stops mails going to the outside world.

Regards

Craig

Edited by: Craig Stow on Feb 10, 2010 3:23 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, they are going to complain initially but they'll get use to it... 😄

Regards

Juan