cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating Portal content structure from WebDynpro for JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please let me know if we can create portal content structure from Web Dynpro for JAVA or from PDK in NWDS?

If its possible,how to do it?

Please reply ASAP.

Regards,

Salma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one let me know whether there are any JAVA APIs or any portal interfaces are available through which i can create the entire portal content structure(folders,iViews,pages,roles) automatically without doing it manually in Portal?

Thanks,

Salma

matteo_fusi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at this link

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8364] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

reagards

Matteo

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have WebDynpro application already deployed you can create WebDynpro iView/Page within WebDynpro iView Wizard (part of Portal's Create iView wizard).

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei,

Thanks for your response.Is it possible to create the entire the folder structure, below the "Portal Content" folder along with the iViews,pages,worksets,roles in them,from the Web Dynpro Wizard?If yes,please provide me with more details on how to do this.

Thanks,

Salma

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look at this thread..

[Accessing the PCD |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/6aaf92f5a23672e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm]

[PCD III: Portal Content Model (PCM)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4193] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

BR

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your response.

I did not find it very clear in the blogs you have provided whether we can create the entire folder structure in portal content(including all the portal objects),if its possible how to do it.

Please provide me with more details.

Regards,

Salma

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salma

No, It's not possible to create the entire folder structure with the wizard. It can only create WebDynpro iView (or several iViews), WebDynpro page and put the iView(s) into the page.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei,

Thanks a lot for your helpful reply.

As you have informed,we can not create the entire the folder structure through WDJ wizard.Can you please let me know whether the entire folder structure can be created by means of some JAVA APIs or by some other Portal Interfaces?

And also,please let me know how to create the iViews,Pages and linking iViews to Pages using WDJ Wizard?

Thanks,

Salma

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>please let me know how to create the iViews,Pages and linking iViews to Pages using WDJ Wizard?

Just launch the wizard, it'll ask for WebDynpro application to select. Then it'll analyze the app, extract UI views of the app (will become iViews), and you'll confirm all this.

BR, Siarhei