Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Sales Order - And its Status

naresh_vvsr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question in the sales returns scenario.

Step 1: I Create a sales order ( With two items and delivery full ) and perform steps till billing ( invoice ).

Step 2: I Create Return sales order with reference to the first sales order but i take Only one item to return.

Now the status of the return sales order is Being Processed.

Step 3: I create a complete ( deliver full quantity of the item ) return delivery with reference to the return sales order and save the document. Now still the return sales order is in status Being Processed. Ideally i should have been Completed.

Step 4: I do the Goods receipt for the return delivery. Now also the status of the returns sales order is Being Processed instead of Completed

Kindly suggest any way to control the status of sales document or is this the ideal way( if so what's the functional purpose behind this ? ).

Is this because the billing block is still set in the Return sales order ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your step2 is not a standard process. Ideally, return order should always be created against the billing document and not the sale order. Coming to your question, you would note for credit note also, in document flow, it would have been "Not Cleared". Once FI update this, the status of the same would be changed to cleared and so the return order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

naresh_vvsr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do you mean that only after credit memo creation or clearing of the credit memo from FI the status of return order is set to completed?

If this is an ideal scenario, in one of our systems the status of return sales order is set to completed immediately after returns delivery creation.

This behavior is same as that of normal sales order scenario, where the sales order status is set to completed once the delivery happens.

Kindly suggest, if there is any customizing to control the oeverall status update for specific sales order types or based on the type of sales scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Status of the return sale order is complete only after Credit memo creation.

This is a standard return process behaviour.

THis is not because of the billing block in return sale order, because even after removing the block, status will be being processed.

thanks