cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC data SAP to MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm connecting from SAP to MII using an RFC. I'd like the RFC to place the XML data in a folder. "Category". So I thought I'd set up a test to try and find out if everything was set up correctly. I'm running MII 12.0.

I believe the RFC connection is set up correctly on SAP. It pings the MII system without a problem. I think the IDOC listener is set up correctly on MII. I've looked at the guide a several times. I have a function module that I am calling via ABAP program. The message that I get is: JCO.Server could not create server function 'Z_Name_of_function_module'.

Here's my code to call the function module.

call function 'Z_MMC_TEST_MII'
destination 'XMX_JCO'
  tables
    i_table       = i_lbl
    return = i_bapireturn
  exceptions syst_except = 1
             system_failure  = 2 message msg_txt
             communication_failure = 3 message msg_txt.
commit work.

Any ideas on what I could have done wrong?

I've used:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9f101377-0c01-0010-269f-c3ee905d5... for the coding. This may be a little old it is for 11.5.

and

How to send an IDOC from SAP R/3 Enterprise to the SAP xMII Listener

Thank you!

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And I used my ID and password on the MII side. So I'm pretty sure it is not an ID/Password problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Most of the time that I saw this error it was related to an incorrect entry in the client properties of the message listener.

I would recommend verifying your entries and retyping your password.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work with Michelle. The MII listener is registering itself in ECC (checked this using instructions shown below). Since the listener is registered, is this enough to know that our client properties are setup correctly? Or is it possible that our client properties may still have issues even though the listener registered itself?

Thank you!

-

Testing the Gateway Monitor

The Gateway Monitor is used to analyze and administer the SAP Gateway in SAP R/3 Enterprise. The initial screen of the gateway monitor shows all the active gateway connections on this instance. You can launch the Gateway Monitor via transaction SMGW or by choosing the following menu path Administration u2192 System Administration u2192 Monitor u2192 System Monitoring u2192 Gateway Monitor.

3.1.5 Displaying Clients Currently Logged On

You can display a list of systems that are currently logged on via Goto u2192 Logged on systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The connection in the gateway monitor is the mii listener server properties connection. You actually don't need anything else setup to make a connection show there, just the gateway host, server and a made up program id.

Regards,

Jamie

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem ended up being authorization. My user id didn't have the authority it needed. When we switched it to a different user, it worked perfectly. We are still looking to find out what was different between the users, but data is moving!

Thank you all for your help!

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michelle,

if you have the chance use SAP tran ST01 to do an authorization trace to find out what authorizations are missing. Configure MII to use your own user, start the trace for this user in ST01 and send the IDoc. Afterwards ST01 may tell you what is exactly missing in your authorization.

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Try using this document as your guide for setting up the IDOC Listener.

[MII 12.0 to ECC 6.0 IDOC Listener|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/bpx-community/manufacturing/how%20to%20send%20an%20idoc%20from%20sap%20ecc%20to%20the%20sap%20mii%20idoc%20listener.pdf]

A new version for 12.1 should be coming out soon.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Feb 12, 2010 2:57 PM

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think you need to try to narrow down where the error is.

Did you try sending an idoc using this destination? If you get a similiar error that check you client properites in MII, most likely the user or password. Did you test both of these functions in se37? Did you make sure they where activated?

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up the Message Listener in MII, enabled it, and started it.

In SAP the connection test in SM59 works great.

There are no messages in the Netweaver log on the MII server.

I set up and sent an IDOC via POIT. I looked at the IDOC via WE02. It has a status 03. So I went to SM58. There is an error. This error is: "The meta data for IDOC type "LOIPRO01" is unavailable.".

There still aren't any messages in my MII server.

Any other suggestions? I'm open to trying anything at this point.

Thank you!

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michelle,

to start with,

- you have set up the Message Listener in MII, enabled it and get the status running, right?

- in SAP you did a connection test in SM59 and it was ok?

Please check if there is an error in the NetWeaver Log:

- start the Netweaver Admin (http://<server>:<port>/nwa)

- open Monitoring - Logs and Traces

- show predefined view Expert

- display log file dev_rfc.trc

- scroll to bottom

Are there any error messages?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can send IDocs from SAP ERP to SAP MII using standard SAP transactions such as POIT, POIM and so on or by executing function modules to create IDocs.

We can also send RFC data to SAP MII by executng it as tRFC or from standard SAP transactioons such as Control Recipe Monitor (CO53). we can execute tRFC by ABAP statement as follows:

CALL FUNCTION 'RFC_FUNCTION_MOD_NAME'

IMPORTING

PARAM1 = VAL1

PARAM2 = VAL2

TABLES

TABLE1 = TAB1

DESTINATION 'MII_RFC_DESTINATION'

IN BACKGROUND TASK.

Hope it Helps

Thanks

Rajesh.S