cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing mode - DELETE not working in Synchronous mode (File - RFC - File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to the delete the files from source folder once the processing is done, so i am giving the Processing mode as Delete in the Sender C.C.

But after execution it doesnt get deleted. what could be the reason?

We are using a file - RFc - file scenario.

also could anyone let me know what is the command to move a file from one folder to another in UNIX.

i tried

mv /home/out but it doesnt work

pls help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jjma,

i think that can be the modus of the file (rights for access). If you test again with 777 it should work.

Regards,

Udo

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has nothing to do with type of scenario. Your user in sender channel might not have authorization to delete the file from sender server.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it might be because the user doesnt have the rights to delete the file.

What does your communication channel log say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the reply.

The CC doesnt show me any errors. it executed fine but still the file is present in the source folder.

I tried manually to delete the file in the source folder and it works. so i think it should work via PI also.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But did you use the same user from file adapter to delete the file manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using sFTP... can u let me know how to check whether i have access to delete the file using PI?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use AL11: navigate to the folder, where the file is inside, mark it and press button "Attributes". Then look to value "Mode": 777 means owner, group and everybody else has right for write (in your case delete), read and execute. UNIX command to change is may be ch mod (i m not good in UNIX).

My suspect is that the file adapter user has not the right for write, but ur direct user has.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Yup, we have generated a private key for the sFTP and got access from the client to use sFTP.

I will check in AL11whether i have access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I have checked the file attributes and it is 666 / 766 .

how can i change it. should i ask the Basis team or client to give 777 rights?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Udo,

> I have checked the file attributes and it is 666 / 766 .

> how can i change it. should i ask the Basis team or client to give 777 rights?

Ask it from the sFTP Admin, and yes it should be 777 .... to have full access (read, write, delete)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since we were getting the nullpointer exception in the sender CC, we were not able to delete the file.

Once that has been fixed we were able to delete the file that had the Attributes 664.