cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Order Qty should not exceed Reference Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Qty of Ref Billing document is say 10, Return order is done for eg 8 for first time and for same ref document user enters 5 qty, now the total return order qty is 13, but billing doc qty is 10, where in 3qty is exceeded and system just gives a warning message and allows further. In this case how can we Restrict Return order if Qty it exceeded the reference document qty.

I have checked the copy control settings, no use. Please through some Light.

Regards

Praveen Kumar......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

T code OVAH message no i think is *V4 --- 229* Change this from warning to error

Mostly i think this is the message no

Otherwise

Test this scenario before touching OVAH

Note down the warning msg given by the system

Message details

It is surely message type V4 only available for customization in T code OVAH

Then in OVAH Change that from warning to error

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Ramanathan Rraja

I have already changed Warning into Error Message. This works when the Return order qty exceeds Ref doc qty.

But the problem is, now we have done return sales referring and billing doc qty eg. 10. Now again if we do return order referring the same billing document, system will allow to do another Return sales for same 10qty. Is there any where we can control this feature.

The requirement is once the return order is referred to a billing doc qty, it should not allow to exceed the pending qty. not to create another Return order for same ref billing qty.

Hope i am clear

Regards

Praveen Kumar

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

But the problem is, now we have done return sales referring and billing doc qty eg. 10. 
Now again if we do return order referring the same billing document, 
system will allow to do another Return sales for same 10qty

Is there any where we can control this feature.

Maintain the copy control settings as suggested by the other friends

Mainly Pos/Neg field

While creating the second return order (sales order) referring the already referred billing document system should give some warning message

Check that message in OVAH

I feel some warning msg should come which you have to change to error

Unfortunately i am not in a position to test this

Still if the problem is not solved you need to go for suitable userexit

Normally when you create Returns sales order with reference billing doc in that sales order if you add a new line item which was originally not there in billing doc system will very cooly accept it (not even warning message)

This also has to controlled thro userexit ( this part is not related to your issue but i said this as an information)

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now again if we do return order referring the same billing document, 
    system will allow to do another Return sales for same 10qty.

While doing so, system will caution you that already for 10 nos, a return order is there. Check against which message number, this message populates. If you click the question mark against the message, you can see the message number. If the number starts with V4, you can check in OVAH. But if I am correct, through standard settings, there is no provision to control creating a new sale order for the combination of same billing document number and material. Either you have to control via your existing routine in VTAF or go with suitable exit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly check in copy control from Billing to Return order 'Pos/Neg quantity' field settings.

Secondly - if you are getting warning msg already, check with ABAPER for the possibility of changing it to an Error msg.

This will restrict from adding more then billed quantity.

thank you