Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS sender file adapter with SSL failing to establish the connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on XI 3.0.

I have a scenario whereby we need to establish the FTPS connection using the SSL.

I have made the below configuration-

Selected FTPS over SSL, passive connection and given the server name and user details for the connection.

We have installed the SSL certificate on J2EE in Visual Admin Key store.

I have selected the connection security as data connection and check marked X.509 certficate option and given the Key store value.

The IP address to host name has been added in the DNS host file in the XI server initiating the connection

The port to be used for conenction is however creating confusion-

We tried using both 990 (implicit) and 21 (explicit) and got the 2 connection errors that i have given below.

I have another interface running which uses port 990, X.509 certificate and key store and FTPS data connection security and it works fine but this was built before me by a 3rd party. For this interface, the DNS entry has been made to resolve the IP and the FTPS server which it tries to connect actually explicit FTPS even though it uses 990 to make the connection.

Can you please help me here?

I have gone through some of the forum topic for the same but nothing is helping.

I get the below 2connection errors-

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "<server name>": java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "<server name>". The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: The control connection to the FTP server "<server name>" timed out while reading the server reply.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually this because of port issues.

Check with the n/w and ftp team to see what are ports that needs to be opened and confirm if they are open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have confirmed with network team and they have cnfirmed that from our side, ports 990 and 21 are both open.

I have confirmed with the vendor also and he has confirmed the same.

The only thing he is changing the type - Explicit or implicit.

He di dmention the below though when we tried to make a telnet from XI server to the 990 port-

We will not be able to establish a connection to port 990 as the passive response is from the data port range

Please advice.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd suggest having a look at the FTPS server's logs and traces (or at least contact the admin), to know why connection can't be established (reason for timeout, etc) ...

Is that some security config issue in XI or FTP server ? network ? etc

Rgds

Chris