cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link records management with SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate RM and SRM and i could see that in S_AREA_CMG exists some service provider specifics for SRM objects, like "Record for SRM and R/3 Purchasing Documents" (/SAPPSPRO/SP_RECORD), SP for SRM Quotations (/SAPPSPRO/SP_SRM_QUOT).

I would like to ask if you could send me some documentation about this because i could't find anything about this.

As well, do you know if the records for SRM work like a normal records, that is i have to associate a record model to the procurement record. So for navegate to SRM do you know if i have to customizing something?

Thanks for your help!

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

i am trying to link the srm system with sap records management, too.

Do you found a useful documentation in the meantime?

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

is incredible but i don't find anything about the integration between SRM and RM, excepting the SRM customizing documentation.

And, if you check the Case Management ( Area S_AREA_CMG), you'll see some service provider (SP) /SAPPSPRO/SP.... and SAP say that this SP are expecial for SRM, but i couldn't find any documentation about this.

Have you found anything?

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

i found some informations about the SRM Customizing in the SAP SRM 7.0 Customizing Guide called Basic Settings for SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0. Unfortunately, this guide does not include enough information for me.

I think the Service Providers you are talking about are especially for SAP Public Sector,

and there is a difference between PS and the "ordinary" SAP SRM Scenario. I will check this in the next few days.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I need integrated PPS and SRM, and I need those special service providers. Do you have any case management documentation where show something about this expecial service providers?

And, why do you not find useful the SAP documentation? Do you are speaking about the customizing SRM - RM integration documentation, where say that we have to customizing the tables /SAPPSSRM/TRANS, SRMAISCN, SRMAISCNAPP, SRMAIOTCFG.... In SRM Server ---> Integration with SAP Record Management?

Best Regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

the only thing i found is a general SRM customizing guide. Within this guide i found some information about the records management customizing. But there is no information about the service providers you've mentioned.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to request you to share the information on RM in SRM

SD

Edited by: sekhar babu dasari on Jul 21, 2011 6:33 PM

Edited by: sekhar babu dasari on Jul 21, 2011 6:36 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly share the possible information for SRM RM implementation.

SD

Edited by: sekhar babu dasari on Jul 21, 2011 6:31 PM

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/document/714239/record_folder_guidelines_pdf will give some idea of kind of objects created in RM by SRM. The configuration is required only from SRM side. Once it is done, SRM will take caer of creating & managing records in RM. You need not do anything in RM with those service providers.

If you still need to understand more about service providers in RM, please visit [original link is broken]

SRM has created their own service providers to better handle the kind of objects that SRM will need to make use of like contracts etc.But these service providers broadly follow similar lines as the service providers delivered by RM.

Thanks & Regards,

Pragya

former_member306165
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya

i'm also integrating RM with PPS (SRM 7.0)

I have two issues than maybe you can help me.

1. I can create a record manually from ECC with SRM BO but when I do double click in it, doesn't open the object in portal.

i already have configured the RFC for BAPIS and Method calls.

2. For automatic creation do I have to configure "Define integration scenario" in both , RM system and SRM system???

I understand than SRM objects are configured in SRM SRMAICONFIG, but the service providers are in RM side, am I right??

or how is this configuration task is done??

Best Regards¡

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Salvador,

For 1- you need to configure portal view by using program /SAPSRM/PORTAL_MAINTAIN.I hope you know something about portal to do this config.

For 2-Please look into IMG view /SAPPSSRM/TRANS(in transaction SM30) & use this to automate record processing at the indicated step execution in SRM.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also as you mentioned, all config is mostly on SRM side, just the RM objects are on ERP side so record model creation, anchor setting in model will be in RM.

Best Regards,'

Pragya

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you by any chance take a look at the sap help?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/48/59e5475f693912e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to request you to share some of the information on RM config in SRM

SD

Edited by: sekhar babu dasari on Jul 21, 2011 6:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to request you to share some of the information on RM config in SRM

1. Connecting SRM to RM (we are creating RM in an ECC server with a different client)

What are all the config steps to connect Srm and RM

2. Once connected config steps to store SRM DOCS automatically when they are created (PO, Bid, Conract, other electronic docs)

3. Is it required to config Record Model? With elements

Customizing doc if anyu2026

4. What is the significance of Service Provider?

Kindly share the possible information and customizing docs for SRM RM implementation.

SD

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar,

I have replied to your mail. Please post your issue once you have gone the links provided & if you get any issue after that.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Edited by: sekhar babu dasari on Jul 21, 2011 6:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can you please brief seperatly

1. SRM system activities

2. RM system Activitties

3. Basis activities in setting up of RM system ( Guide RM and ECC can be in same server with different client )

4. Basis activities in SRM

SD

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar,

1. SRM system activities -

Pragya - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/48/59e5475f693912e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

2. RM system Activitties -

Pragya - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/48/59e5475f693912e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

3. Basis activities in setting up of RM system ( Guide RM and ECC can be in same server with different client )

Pragya - RM is avaliable in ECC stack. It can be used in that system..SRM will be on a different server...thats all..

4. Basis activities in SRM

Pragya - I am not sure of basis steps to set up SRM. You need to consult a SRM expert.

In addition:

How to setup a simple scenario using SAP Netweaver Folder Management- http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1009705f-104e-2c10-0fb2-90cad6165... this document has got a section on how to create a record model . A node in record model has got an attribute called ANCHOR.This can be supplied with a value.At rutime the node can be identified using that value...helps in attaching the object to the right node of record.

Please see existing record models for PPS records in rmsid S_CMG_DEMO in "record modeller" element type.

RM & SRM would be on different machines...RM in an ECC system has been seen to be generally used.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

addendum:

NW FM sdn link has got some brief details of the product & also cookbook you can refer to

[original link is broken]

Best Regards,

Pragya

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

In RM-SRM integration scenario, the records are manipulated from SRM screens. In general processing, they are not processed separately except for reporting & viewing purpose. The customizing setting required are already delivered & you need not create your own RM objects unless you need something different in the models. The SRM communicates with RM via RFC calls which is setting done in SRM customizing & is for each element type I think.

I would recommend searching the library or sdn with keywords PPS, government procurement for further information.

Thanks & Regards,

Pragya