Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Idoc - control record settings

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a JDBC to Idoc scenario. We get data from JDBC interface (outbound), map some fields and send it to a receiver SAP system as an Idoc (inbound). We did a similar scenario before and PI filled out automatically the control record settings. So in our mapping to the idoc XML format the must fieds in the control records are set to constant="pi dummy entry".

It worked for the former scenario well. For this new scenario it doesn't! When i monitor the payload, SNDPOR as example is set with our dummy value of the mapping ("pi dummy entry").

specials:

- CC checkbox "Apply Control Values from Payload" is NOT set!

- The destination SAP Business System is configured as a Party in Integration Directory (not such configurations in SLD)

- We use PI 7.0

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem was a wrong logical name in the sender system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think we can set the values of Sender service and Receiver service at the Receiver Determination where you get the check boxes to fill the sender and receiver services, based on that the values will be dynamically filled from the payload.

Regards,

Tiny

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

with the disabling of the node, I got the same settings as my former scenario which works. So the control record will not be send. I was expecting, that PI the control record data according to the configuration fills. Maybe this is a wrong assumption.

I will spend some more time to get an answer.

Thanks for your help - The scenario works with this workaround ...

Michael

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

>>So the control record will not be send. I was expecting, that PI the control record data according to the configuration fills. Maybe this is a wrong assumption.

Yes you need to disable the control record in message mapping, because you want PI to make it at run time based on the configuration done in PI. So apart from disabling it you need to do some more settings.

If you have used parties in SAP PI, then select the

1.Apply control records in IDOC communication channel

2. Update the Identifier tab in the IDoc receiver channel with the correct information for sender/receiver

now when you see the IDoc Outbound (in SOap Header) then you will see the correct sender and receiver details.

Regards

Suraj

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Control Record data will be picked by this IDoc from the System.

The setting you have done in IDX1 & IDX2, It will pick the Matadata from IDX2

& After that Port from IDX1.

When it will to go ECC system via this port, it will pick the receiver system

& Sender system identity there.

You can also give these values as hardcode Constant in Message Mapping, but

system will overwrite it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if use dont use Apply Control Record values from payload..then the control record values will be filled from the

sender and receiver business system/services adapter specific identifiers will be taken into SNDPRN and RCVPRN...

so ...change the details in Business systems adapter specific identifiers as per your scenario..if you need to pass the different values

HTH

Rajesh

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try disabling your control record in the mapping.

and the logical system specified in the sender business system should match with the one specified in the partner profile in the receiver R3

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 10, 2010 3:29 PM

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I disable the control record?

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the mapping right click the root node( EDI_DC40) of the control record and say disable

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 10, 2010 3:31 PM

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 10, 2010 3:31 PM