cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to use vendor in some other company code,why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to use a vendor for company code 2 in SRM, whereas in R/3 the vendor is defined only for company code1.

The purchase organization is same for both the company codes and also the country is same.

Please let me know if it is a usual case or some exception. The PO is already created.

The SRM version is 4.0, extended classic scenario.

Regards

Archana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

In R/3 we can define vendor at Company code (XK01) or Purchase org level (MK01).

In SRM we can define vendor at Purchase org level in Vendor Data tab (Manage Busines Partner Transaction).

We can use the the vendor, if the Purchase organisation is same for both company codes. Why because in SRM we maintained Vendor at Purchase org level.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suneel. I have awarded you the points.

Just one last question. Will not this affect any financial transaction?

Like we have FI calculations against company codes etc..

Regards

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

I dont think so.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks :)..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem and as commented the problem is that vendors in SRM cannot be managed by Company Code. We've done an enhancement so that we include the Co. Code within the business partner.

However, we are now we need to enhance the vendor search, so that it includes the vendor company code and I would like to ask you the best approach. The issue is that we would like that once the user clicks on the binoculars button to search for a vendor, the search is restricted for the company code per which he is buying. How could we manage that?

Thanks experts!