cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency on multiple directories?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having a problem with the File directories. Totally we have configured 5 directories for a sender File Adapter. If any directory is down then the files are not reading from other directories also.

These file directories are shared directories and mapped. If all the directories are up then files are getting read but the problem i could see when any directories is down then files are not picked by XI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

The best way to deal this problem will be by writing the script on Runtime OS Commands before message processing.

U can write the shell script or the commands in command line directly to dyanamically pick the files from different direcories.

For dynamic picking up the files there a lot of blogs , please search in SDN

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu.

Yes, I use unix script for processing files. Script is running fine and pushing the files for another directory to the XI system. Here the problem starts for me ... If all directories or IP's are fine then XI reads the files and deletes perfectly. When any IP is down then the XI is not reading & deleting the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

If all directories or IP's are fine then XI reads the files and deletes perfectly. When any IP is down then the XI is not reading & deleting the files

Upto my knowledge,this portion of the problem cannot be handled from the PI part.

You can work around for the problem by,

1. write the script for checking the exitence of the directory. If diretory doesn't exist.. u can create a one using the command line

parameters.Then try to access the files from the directories.

The PI is not executing the interface because of the problem in the shell script(i mean the script is not terminating properly). Leading to error in essence the interface is not executing.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could some one help on my request...!

Thanks.