cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Sales order using ORDERS05 idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i need to create sales order from an external system using Idocs. we are using ORDERS05. We needs to save data in some custom fields. hence we have extended the idoc. But the Z* fields are not at the screen level. The function module 'IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS' uses call transaction and hence we are unable to save data in the Z fields.

Please advice some alternate approach.

We are looking into the possibility of using a custom function module and calling the create BAPI. Please advice is there is a better approach.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, we had a same requirement and solved this by adding the Z fields on the additional data B screen in the sales order. We added some screen logic to make these fields visible or ready for input at some conditions. So ready for input just in case of IDOC processing.

Next to that we also added coding in the sales order processing IDOC exits to fill these fields from IDOC.

Regards Jack

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Kindly use the below bapi to create the sales order and identify the fields in the sales order and use the same.

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2'

REgards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

i am looking into using the same BAPI you have mentioned but the data is coming through an idoc. is there any idoc basic type which uses the create BAPI?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Kindly check the message type -

ORDERS and process code ORDE

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process code ORDE does not use BAPIs. It uses call transaction to VA01. This is the reason i am facing the problem. The custom fields which i have are not in the VA01 screen.

The BAPi is called by IDOC_INPUT_SALESORDER_CREATEFR for message type SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT202. But i am not sure if this works.

Regards,

Amit