cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Server Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created alert category and defined generic rules for it. Suppress multiple alerts was unchecked.

Also, tried with checking suppress multiple alerts!!

I failed the message and alert was triggered only once. Thereafter it stopped triggering.

I just copied the same category and embedded into new one. Tested with the failed message, alert has started triggering infinitely!!!

Mail box flooded with 2000 mails!!!

Is this related to server configuration?? Any particular MTE classes needs to be added to the CCMS Alert Server??

Can anyone suggest me what could be the standard Server configuration in Alert Server so that I could match it with that of mine!

Regards,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see the possibility of the below case for generating more alert mails

Assumming File adapter is set poll interval of 60 seconds ( one minute) and there is any error in file processing..so file will be retained in the source directory and it continues to process the same for every minute despite of error too...

As supress multiple alerts is uncheked for every try an alert will be triggered...

in addition by default failed message at adapter level will retry for 3 times in an interval of 5 minutes...which means that the failed message will be retried after 5 minutes as each minute has an error. message which needs to be retried in this case...alerts will be multiplied..

so check your case too may be similar...

Hope this gives some info..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the inputs.

Actually, I am testing it using WS generated by PI.

So, no sender adapter is involved.Hence, no question of polling!!

Receiver side is RFC. I am failing the message by routing the WS to inactive RFC channel!!

But, not able to detect, from where the alert is triggering again and again!!

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

I believe you are doing Webservices to RFC synchronous call that means you might be sending a request to inactive RFC.So you need the alert for failure in adapter level.So,please help me out to understand how are sending the request.Are you trigeering it at some regular interval or. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can you please post the Alert rule which you have created?

For receiver adapter failure I think you should maintain only:

Sender System

Receiver System

Receiver Interface

Receiver Interface Namespace

Adapter Engine option to be checked.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

I have set a general rule:: "No Restriction" where alert have to be triggered based on the failure of messages in any of the scenarios!!

I haven't specified any adapter level or Sender/ Receiver criteria for screening.

Regards,

Sushama