cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File uploading in notification

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I want to upload files into notification, that is 8D, CAPA reports submitted by vendor in Q2 notification. Also some times we may have to upload documents or files with big size also into SAP. How can we do this.

Questions

Can we attach small files directly in a notificatin without DMS

Can we use DMS and link bigger files to the corresponding document.

Please guide me in this process.

Thanks

VV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Better to use DMS for upload the Documents and give those document reference in the Notification. If you are using the SAP server for documents , this will take high memory space of SAP server, will affect the SAP server performance.

Regards,

Neeraj Singh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I want to upload files into notification, that is 8D, CAPA reports submitted by vendor in Q2 notification. Also some times we may have to upload documents or files with big size also into SAP. How can we do this.

>

> Questions

> Can we attach small files directly in a notificatin without DMS

> Can we use DMS and link bigger files to the corresponding document.

> Please guide me in this process.

> Thanks

> VV

Yes, it is possible.

Go to Notification screen QM01/ QM02/ QM03

You will find one icon with drop-down symbol on left top screen of QN, "store object".

Once you click you will get list of QN and task where you want to attach. Just double click on req.

Click on store business document . You will get list of doc type. Double click here system will give you pop-up to store document.

Hope this helps. Thanks!!!

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to add scrap material and return to vendor provision in Action Box of Q3 notification. Is it possible to edit standard notfcations.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Req not clear,

What you want to have in action box for "scrap material and return to vendor"

Reagrds,

Neeraj