cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifying the Future of NetWeaver PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I saw an article from Gartner that put a question mark on the future of SAP PI and basically SAP's middleware strategy.

This raises big question mark for customers who are actively using SAP PI or planning to use it.

I also saw a forum question on the same topic which was responded by several people but could not find a firm rebuttal of Gartner's position coming from official SAP sources. Also read the article on a Non-SAP website on this topic (See below)

http://www.feedingthesapecosystem.com/2010/02/clarifying-future-of-netweaver-pi.html

I know Gartner has not been projecting SAP in good light in many areas and things do not seem exactly ok between Gartner and SAP.

Is SAP's silence on this sensitive subject a result of that in which SAP is simply ignoring Gartner's research or is there truly something going on to replace SAP PI with something else?

Just trying to get a more authentic answer..

Best Regards,

Atul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

few threads on same question refer once,mentors answered exactly.

i think u can ignore gartners report on SAP PI.There is no replacement for SAP PI .

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is SAP's silence on this sensitive subject a result of that in which SAP is simply ignoring Gartner's research or is there truly 
something going on to replace SAP PI with something else?

The link itself mentions the views of SAP (Udo is the person responsible for release/ update/ managing of SAP PI and his views should be authentic enough to be considered).

As of now I prefer not to panic, looking at the development & market-share SAP PI has made we should be assured that pulling it down from the market will surely require an out-of-the-world intervention!

Hopefully Gartner will come with some revise statement.

Regards,

Abhishek.