Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM at Sales Order

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client have 3 material, contract is created with material one, but on sales order level when i call material one, system should explode BOM, and shows second and third material, price is only applicable with material 2nd and 3rd, no price with 1st material.

Can you pls advise that which item category I should use for material master.. and or what areas further need to be configure...

Looking for the feedback..

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

TAP is the item category and LUMF is the Item cat grp in Material Master

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Great..

Thanks dear

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Youcan use TAP, TAN for sub it Level pricing anf at main item level pricing you can use TAQ,TANN.

AND CHECK IN TAP AND TAQ That is there structure scope and application in the BOM section is configured.

and configure the sub item sales item category as

for pricing at sub item level

sales document type-item category group(lump)-usage-higher item category[TAP]- TAN

pricing at main item level

sales document type-item category group(lump)-usage-higher item category[TAQ]- TANN

you will get this in sales order

go to Or add the main material 1 you will get material 2 and material 3 as a subitem to item

and check the pricing whether it applies to main item or sub item

gajanan

Edited by: Rudrag on Feb 10, 2010 8:48 AM

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear I have done it.. and the so far result is acceptable.

But please do tell me one thing, if i am making this sales order with reference to scheduling agreement where scheduling agreement only have material one.. at that time system give me the error "No Item Category Available" how i should configure the system to determine the item category...? and why this thing happen?

Please looking forward for your quick response..

RGDS,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check the item category determination if it is already maintained in SPRO -> Sales & dis -> sales doc-> item etc for scheduling agreement.

sales doc + item category group + higher level item cat + item usage --> will determine item category.

Please check the above setting is maintained.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the assignment suggested by Mr. Anirudh.

Then go to VTAA and select your sales order combination.

Now go to the item and select the item category which is determined in the sales order.

Over here maintained the proposed item category field.

Put the item category which you want to determine for the BOM in the sales order.

Save this setting and try to create your sales order once again.

Regards

Raj.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

system by default shows me

sales doc type item category group Default item category

LP NORM

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

system by default shows me

sales doc type item category group Default item category

LP NORM LPN

so I create another like this to determine hte right one

sales doc type item category group HLev Item Cat Default item category

LP LUMF TAP TAN

pls advise how i will proceed further..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now, as mentioned by Mr.Raj, kindly maintain the copy control settings between source & destination doc at item level.

VTAA.

thanks

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

i have successfully configure the BOM, and when i call material 1 system automatically call 2 and 3rd material, with price..

But as per my senario few factor are calculated at overall value like

BTU is multiply with actual quantity and further multiply with well head cost.

but gas development charges is calculated on individual material.

material 1 quantity is basically devide into material 2 and 3...

how i would cater this. if need any further explanation as do ask me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales BOM is not able to handle that kind of complex scenarios (unless you're willing to maintain some quantities and prices manually). It sounds like you should implement configurable materials for this. Please check related documentation and/or forum posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use LUMF-Structure/mat.below item categories group for Main material (Material A) in material master (Sales:Sales Org 2)

example :

Material A,B,C

Material A (price) = B (price) +C (price)

Maintain Material BOM in CS01

ex:

Material A

Plant XXXX

BOM Usage 5

Regards

Senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BOM - if you need to price at item level, you can use copy of item cat TAP & item category group for this material should be LUMF.

thank you

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks ..

I will calculate the price on 2nd and 3rd material and I will use the same item category which you suggest, but first material item category is the same or should i create another item category and if it is different how can i assign it in the same document type.

Please advise..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since you want to have a items priceable at sub-item level, your main item will be the copy of TAP (non priceable), sub items will be normal TAN ( with NORM).

In CS01 - main item (TAP) material in initial screen & sub items TAN will be in componant.

thank you