Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intergation from E-Sourcing to ERP - ECC Vs SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one please share your thoughts on the below :

1. We are upgrading from E-Sourcing 4.4 to 5.1 and changing the database from Oracle to db2. Would this have any effect on the reports? would the reports have to be re written again?

2. The upgrade is mainly to use the portugese language support in 5.1 SP02. Also would you suggest SP02 or any other Service Packs after SP02?

3. Does SP05 have portugese language support? In the documentation i have not seen anything about the portugese language support for sp05.

4. Also we plan to integrate e-sourcing to ECC or SRM. what are the pros and cons if we integrate it to SRM Vs ECC? what do you recommend?

Your inputs are highly considered.

Thanks,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

Did you upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 ? Could you please share your experience. We are also going to upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 but not going to change the DB. I would like to know the steps involved in running the upgrade setup and scripts for the database.

Do you have any document which you prepared during your upgrade which shows step by step procedure for upgrading if possible with screen shots. If yes please let me know your contact details to get that.

Looking ahead for your response.

Many thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

1. We are upgrading from E-Sourcing 4.4 to 5.1 and changing the database from Oracle to db2. Would this have any effect on the reports? would the reports have to be re written again?

Ans: Yes you will need to modify the reports according to DB2. or raise it to SAP if they have some standard tool for same

2. The upgrade is mainly to use the portugese language support in 5.1 SP02. Also would you suggest SP02 or any other Service Packs after SP02?

Ans: I will suggest to go with SP06 as SP05 has lots many bugs

3. Does SP05 have portugese language support? In the documentation i have not seen anything about the portugese language support for sp05.

Ans: Must be supporting as it is higher version.

4. Also we plan to integrate e-sourcing to ECC or SRM. what are the pros and cons if we integrate it to SRM Vs ECC? what do you recommend?

Ans: Check above post

~Ankush Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In terms of question 4, have a look at this blog which discusses integration options between eSourcing and SRM and ECC.

/people/marko.navala/blog/2009/02/02/sap-e-sourcing-integration-to-erp-and-srm