Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to change Network Header Number

TrishW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to change the network header number (regardless of the status). I am looking initially for something similar to how you can change the project definition (field is open) or an appropriation request where you follow the menu path in Ima2n (environment > settings > apropn request number modifiable).

At present, once you create the NWH, the number field (AUFNR) is greyed out. There does not appear to be a switch in IMG so I was wondering if there is business txn similar to PSNC ( WBS element number change) that is available for Network headers. Or perhaps there is a program that allows this.

The issue is that we create networks with a manual external number that holds the project number (ie project being A-A12345. we would then create the network number as N-AA12345). As this is a manual process, user error is becoming an increasing issue.

Thankyou

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

network header number cannot be changed

Txn PSNC that you have mentioned does not seem to be standard - is it a custom transaction?

Lastly you should be looking at setting up validation rules to ensure that the entry by users is correct - from my perpective I cannot see what you are achieving by keeping the same numbers

also have look at exit CNEX0012

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TrishW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra

Thankyou for your suggestion. I will try the exit

PSNC is a business status via txn BS22 (system status).

As to per your last comment - the explanation is that the business decided that they wanted the NW number to reflect the project number rather than a unrelated number range which we had previously used.

Trish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trish,

As fas as I know, there is no standard way to modify or make the field AUFNR modifiable.

Sorry!

Rgds

Martina