cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Axis problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some help please. I have configured a RFC to SOAP scenario to call web service. The web service is developed using Axis. I configured the SOAP receiver comm channel - specifying the SOAP action, but It is failing with the error that soap action is invalid.

So I tried to change to use SOAP Axis - but this requires deployment of the SOAP Axis adapter. We are using XI 3.0. Somehow the basis guy is still unable to get the Axis adapter up. When i tested using the axis servelet, it is showing error with 3 missing components...

Qns : is it possible to just use SOAP receiver comm channel to call Axis web service? if yes, how may it be done?

I compared the XI request vs sample request (using soapui) : the soapui request looks like this :

<ser:getCustAcctHierarchyDtls soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

<searchCriteria xsi:type="wses:CustHierarchySearch" xmlns:wses="http://pegasus/WsEsm">

<custAcctNo xsi:type="xsd:string"></custAcctNo>

<custAcctNoType xsi:type="xsd:string"></custAcctNoType>

<billAcctNo xsi:type="xsd:string"></billAcctNo>

<billAcctNoType xsi:type="xsd:string"></billAcctNoType>

<svcNo xsi:type="xsd:string">BBRO8882</svcNo>

<svcType xsi:type="xsd:string"></svcType>

<custAcctId xsi:type="xsd:string"></custAcctId>

<billAcctId xsi:type="xsd:string"></billAcctId>

<svcInstId xsi:type="xsd:string"></svcInstId>

</searchCriteria>

</ser:getCustAcctHierarchyDtls>

But the XI request is missing the <ser> parts. Is it possible to add this in using SOAP adapter?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns1:searchCriteria xmlns:ns1="http://pegasus/WsEsm">

<ns1:custAcctNo>A</ns1:custAcctNo>

<ns1:custAcctNoType>A</ns1:custAcctNoType>

<ns1:billAcctNo>A</ns1:billAcctNo>

<ns1:billAcctNoType>A</ns1:billAcctNoType>

<ns1:svcNo>A</ns1:svcNo>

<ns1:svcType>A</ns1:svcType>

<ns1:custAcctId>A</ns1:custAcctId>

<ns1:billAcctId>A</ns1:billAcctId>

<ns1:svcInstId>A</ns1:svcInstId>

</ns1:searchCriteria>

Thanks for any advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to http://host:port/XIAxisAdapter/MessageServlet, where host and port are the host name and port number of the adapter engine. The page would show whether the required libraries are deployed. The page should show status OK when all the required components are available and otherwise status Error.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard, thanks for the effort with the advice. Really appreciated it.

I just had a discussion with the developer of the web service and realised where I had gone wrong. When I imported wdsl as external def, I need to set the Messages = Using RPC Style! Then the request's message structure will include the missing tag which is for the SOAP action...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hwee,

Great!, Good to know that you resolved your issue.

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard, thanks for the reply. The problem I'm having is the Basis guy also dunno what's going on! sigh... and we are in a fix cos the customer wants this up asap...

Do you know whether it's possible just to use normal SOAP adapter? I'm trying to call the axis webservice using just SOAP adapter.

In the SOAP comm channel (rec), I tried these :

1) checked option 'Do not use SOAP envelope' and this is the error :

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

2) unchecked option 'DO not use SOAP envelope' and this is the error :

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: No such operation 'searchCriteria'</SAP:AdditionalText>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hwee,

I was just interested in researching your issue.

Please check this thread too :

Gerard

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check and let know whats the problem faced by the Basis person when he/she is trying to deploy the axis adapter.