cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Business Content....

former_member469694
Participant
0 Kudos

I downloaded the MDM 7.1 business content. For example Customer Master Business content is MDM71400_CUSTOMER.SDA. How to open this SDA file?

I downloaded the openoffice software to open this file but not sure how to open this one.

Anyone can help me with this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

An SDA file is a Software Deployment Archive. It is made to be deployed to the java engine, not really viewed manually. It has nothing to do with Open Office.

-Greg

former_member469694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your quick response. I am new to MDM so I may ask some very basic questions also.

Is a2a files and maps are in MDM71400_CUSTOMER.sda?. If yes, how do I extract these files?. We have to use Java? Could you explain little bit more?

Thanks

Mike

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

.SDA file is totally different from .A2A file, and .SDA does not contain .a2a file.

To use .a2a file, you have to put this file in " <MDM server installation Directory>/Archives" directory. Then open MDM console. Right click on MDM server (After mounting MDM server) and select "Unarchive Repository". After this provide the Database credentials(userid and password) and then on the next screen provide repository name and select the .a2a file from the dropdown and select OK.

This will unarchive your repository .a2a file on the MDM server and repository will be ready for use.

For more details please refer to Console Reference Guide [using this Link |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/49/bea6800cc92222e10000000a42189d/content.htm]

Revert if you have any query.

Regards,

Shiv

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

the *.sda files contain the portal content, meaning the iViews related to each predefined repository. If you want to download the repositories, navigate to [Service Market Place|http://service.sap.com/swdc] and then follow the path:

Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP MDM -> SAP NETWEAVER MDM 7.1 -> Entry by Component -> Business Content -> MDM Business Content 7.1 -> # OS Independent. There you'll find the repositories.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have a problem to download the current vendor repository.

- If I follow the path you explaint and download object "MDMBC71004_4-20004544.ZIP" I can only find .sda data and no A2A data.

- If I download the object "MDMBC71003_1-20004544.ZIP" I can find the A2A files.

Where can I found the "MDM71400_VENDOR.a2a"?

Is it ok to use the old content: "MDM71310_VENDOR.a2a"? (we use MDM 7.1 SP04)

Best regards

Klaus

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus

> If I follow the path you explaint and download object "MDMBC71004_4-20004544.ZIP" I can only find .sda data and no A2A data

Please open this .sda with a file compression tool like winrar or winzip. Inside you'll find the .a2a file.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (0)