cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schudeling messages (RFC -> File)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I want to do a scenario RFC -> File, where the RFC is called by XI using a Job. I dont have other interface calling it.

The goal is only to generate a file once a day in an specified hour.

I read the weblog "Scheduling messages in SAP XI"(/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi) but I didnt undestand very well...

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Evandro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case if you need a step-by-step demo and a narrated presentation on this topic, here you go...

Recorded Presentation :

https://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fd89cdb5-0b01-0010-6289-ac0ad1c...

Recorded Demo on how this can be configured using 'SAP Central Job Scheduling by Redwood' (for that matter, SM36 or any BC-XBP certified central scheduler can be used):

https://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0cfd2b5-0b01-0010-a8bd-c140d07...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>The goal is only to generate a file once a day in an specified hour.</i>

>>So , you need to trigger RFC for a specific time. SO you can directly schedule this from R/3 right? what is the purpose from XI here ?

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to send this file to FTP Server and all intergrations must be in XI Server.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I need to send this file to FTP Server and all intergrations must be in XI Server.</i>

>>Yes I agree about Integration part here. But your sender system is R/3 or any SAP application system. So RFC will be sent from R/3 side right?

So there is no need of scheduling etc.

Still if you want to send the file and then schedule the RFC it is not good at all..Because inorder to pick the file, again you need to have file adapter polling for a particular time..

Is there any other requierement, then it depends

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

I can help you understand the steps listed in the blog for scheduling messages:

All these settings are carried out using transaction SXMB_ADM within the XI SAP GUI.

Step 1 : Define IDs corresponding to the Sender and Receiver of the message (RFC Sender and File Receiver) - Basically you create an internal ID pointing to the Sender and Receiver defined within the Integration Directory

Step 2: Define the Message Filter - Basically the Sender , Sender Interface and Receiver and attach a Job Id to this message filter

Step 3: Schedule the Job - Use the Job ID defined in the Message filter above.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

RC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Will try it. I this case I need to use a Interface Outbound Sync (for RFC) and a Interface Inbound Async for File and I must use a Integration Process to do a bridge, it's Right?

Sync Async

Outbound <-> (BPM [RFC -> File] )

I will create a sender with the Outbound and a Receiver with the File Inbound interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

What is the response that the RFC is expecting. You say you have a File Interface as the Receiver. What basis are you going to use to send back the response to RFC Sender.

You can change the Outbound Interface to a Asynch type, if the R/3 system does not really need a Response. In such a case you need not use the BPM.

Rgds

RC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

Call your RFC in background and do the processing, it will not wait for the response back and You can finish this scenario without using BPM.

Scheduling messages in XI, it will do the processing either inbound or outbound,,,, and for that period message i stored in XI.

So you can deliver the file at particular time,

I hope this will help you out.

But i have simple doubt, what is the purpose of putting a file at some location on particular Time with data of any time...

Please clarify..

Regards

Piyush