cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porduction supply area - WM/PP interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have a scenario where i have to stage different materials at three different points from warehouse to production.

My question is

1. should i define three production supply area since i have to stage different materials at three places from warehouse to production.

2. Should i define two more interim storage type such as 100 in addition to the interim storage that is already available in the SAP standard.

3. Can i configure three production storage bins under single production supply area to stage different materials from warehouse to production at three

different places.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Csaba,

Can i Define three fixed production storage bins under one interim storage area 100 to stage different materials from warehouse to production at three different places.

Thanks,

Maxx

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maxx,

Yes, you can define them.

In control cycle you can define for each material in which bin it should be put. Problem may occur if you have to put same material into several fixed bin.

In this case you have to define the three different places as three different production supply area. And using one production interface (storage type 100) for the three production supply area you can stage them (materials) into the fixed bins.

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a scenario where i have to stage different materials at three different points from warehouse to production.

Do you mean that you have:

- your production lines at three different places and you have to manage their supply

- you have to pick up the goods from three different places

I assume you thinkn of the first version.

1)

Production supply area:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f8413c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

The production supply area groups together work centers near to production storage bins, taking the material staging type into consideration.

Based on this, if your production lines (work centers) are far away, you should create three different production supply area since you cannot solve the component supply for them using one production bin, you have to take care of them separately.

2)

It is based on how you want to solve material staging. E.g. if you want to use dynamic bins and there are components that are used at all your three production lines (PL) then you should create three production storage types since only this way you can manage the parts under dynamic bins for each PL.

If you want to use fixed bins, there's no need for three production storage types.

3)

Yes, you can solve it, it's no problem. You can define the menioned bins for the components in the control cycles (LPK1/LPK2)

Regards,

Csaba