Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait step in BPM hangs!

dhagigeorgiou
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using a wait step in a BPM. Type is "Wait specified time period". The period is 2 minutes.

I can see from process monitoring that my BPM reaches the above step. And then it just hangs !!!!

Time goes by but nothing happens. The BPM never! goes to the next step.

I cannot understand it. Such a simple step is causing me great pain!!!!

Anynone outhere with similar experience ???

Thanks in advance

Dimitris Hagigeorgiou

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this question is inactive, but I had the same problem, and the proposed solution isn't correct. The problem came after upgrading to SP17- What had changed?

Anyways, I checked the workflow customizing (trx swf_xi_customizing) and all were checked, green and good. Finally, after lots of testing and reactivating for no good, I tried executing the checked "Schedule Background Job for Missed Deadlines" function in the workflow customizing again, and behold: the scheduled job had been rescheduled after the upgrade to start 6 months into the future!? Why? No idea, but after re-scheduling, all wait step are executed nicely.

Hope this will be helpful to some other frustrated BPM administrator someday. Regards,

Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is helpful as I have the same issue now we have gone to SP17.

If I could award you points I would.

Cheers

Colin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>The BPM never! goes to the next step</i>

>>>Give "Wait Until Specified Time" in the Wait step properties.

If you choose "Wait specified time period" you need to give date/time etc..

Also go to SWWL transaction, and if any errored workflow is there, then try to delete it and reprocess again..

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy