cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM ROS: Product categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

If I've well understood, it is possible the implementation of the ROS scenario foreseeing two different clients:1 for SRM (100) and one for SUS/ROS (200).

In the scenario it is possible to define questionnaires category dependent (material groups imported from the SAP Backend system):

My question is:

In which client sholud I perfom the Middleware activity related to the import of the Product categories?

In the SRM one (100) , in the SUS/ROS (200) or in both Clients?

Thank you very much.

Nuz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need same categories with backend for defining questionnaires, you should setup middleware in the client you define questionnaires. If you define questionnaires in client 100, you should replicate categories in client 100. If you define questionnaires in client 200, you should replicate categories in client 200.

Most of customers do not need all categories, they just manually create local category in ROS client.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

first of all thanks for the quick answer; but I still have a doubt: you talk about the Client in which create the questionnarires: But If I use SRM (100) and SUS/ROS (200) isn't mandatory the creation / manitenance of questionnaires in the SUS/ROS client (200)?.

The sicf service to be placed on the company's Homepage shouldn't be the one of the SUS/ROS Environment?

Thanks

Max

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It always depends on business requirement and deployment scenario.

I think you have just 1 ERP backend and SRM server with 2 clients. I guess you do not have multiple ERP backend and SRM is not stand alone scenario.

Middleware setup for SRM client 100 is mandatory in classic and extended classic and for SUS/ROS client 200 is optional. You can replicate categories from ERP to SUS/ROS client 200 or you can create local categories in SUS/ROS client 200. It is your choice based on your business requirement.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

the scenario I have in mind is very simple and it has those characrteristics:

1) Purchasing process is performed only in SAP Backend system (so we don't need to user SRM EBP since, at the moment, we don't manage any purchasing Business Transaction in EBP --> import category from SAP should be useless);

2) we want to activate the supplier qualification process: so, if i've well undertstood, I need SRM with a two clients configuration (100 for SRM EBP in which the Purchaser will check the questionnaies and in which the accepted Supplier Master data will be stored AND 200 for SRM SUS/ROS in which I'll manage the questionnaires set up and in which it is managed the service for questionnaires publication).

3) If I want to use the 'category dependent questionnaires' I Should set up the Middleware in order to replicate the Product categoris from ERP to SRM SUS/ROS Client - 200- ).

Do you think what I said is correct?

Thanks

Max